It Wasn't Me (Prod Imagine)

~ It wasn’t me ~

Y/N’s P.O.V

"…It wasn’t me" he hesitantly answered, having heard my long and angry rant. 

My jaw dropped slightly, the sheer amazement of his denial keeping me from shouting any further. 

"Excuse me?" I questioned in disbelief, dropping my raised arms beside me. 

"It wasn’t me"

I licked my lips slightly, boring my eyes into his own guilty ones. Hurt swam through me but I put a brave face on, acting as if the videos of him betraying all my trust had not phased me. 

"Are you seriously telling me the man in that video….the man-” I paused, not wanting to remember the past few dreaded minutes.

I had been cleaning the guest room, something which was usually his chore but had been unsuccessfully completed. With him occupied in the shower, I slipped in, spray in hand. To my surprise I found a video camera hidden behind one of the ornaments, angled towards the double bed. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and I paused my duties to sit and explore the device.

Video after video of explicit adventures were saved, the grunts and the scratched, muscular back all too familiar.

My Craig in bed with another woman…

He shifted uncomfortably, looking down and rubbing the back of his neck. 

"It isn’t me" he murmured, glancing up before abruptly diverting his eyes. I shakily sighed, running a hand through my hair. 

How could he do this to me again?

Shoving him out the room, I slammed the door shut and began pacing up and down in deep thought. He banged on the door, rambling on with himself but not succeeding in winning me over. Tears lined my eyes but I blinked them back, deciding this would be the day I’d stand up for myself and not fall weakly into his arms. 

It was obvious Chres had become the bad influence, riding him out to strip clubs and teaching him what lies to tell. It had worked for too long but now I was to put my foot down. As I dialled my phone, I retrieved a large duffle bag from the wardrobe, throwing some necessities in before zipping it up. 

"Y/N?"

"I need you to come and get me…I can’t do it any more" 

My voice began to wobble but I bit my lip, controlling my nerves as I waited for a response. 

"What’s he done?"

"He’s cheated again Ray and he’s lying to my face! That’s the worst bit!" 

A sigh came through the phone, the sound of movement giving me some hope. 

"What do you need?"

"….a place to stay"

"I’m on my way"

He answered without hesitation, coming to my rescue once again.

"Thank you Ray…I appreciate it"

I grabbed the bag and slipped some shoes on. Once I heard the honk of the horn I swung the door open, barging past Craig before he could halt me in my tracks.

"Where are you going?!….Y/N!"

"Away till you sort yourself out"

I heard him run down the stairs after me, but by now I was out the door, half way to Ray’s car. 

"Y/N wait.." he pleaded. The shouts had aroused the neighbours attention, the old woman appearing at her window, cat in hand. 

"I’ve had enough of waiting" I spoke coldly,"I’ll be back if and when you become a real man”

And with that, I left him stood there dumbfounded, Ray squeezing my hand for support. 

"You did the right thing"

________

Inspired by It wasn’t me - Shaggy 

I feel like Prod’s imagines are always him cheating lol

Oh well