Chapter 13-Betrayal

"Why not?" Molly asked. What was the matter with her Molly thought. "Just don't" Dolores said. "Maé she can if she wants" Elma said. "Ya there just vitamins. Dr. Alex said I should take some but I never got around to getting any" Molly said opening the cap of the bottle. "Molly don't" Dolores shouted. "Maé" Cristiano asked. "There not vitamins" Dolores muttered.

"What do you mean they aren't vitamins?" Molly asked as Dolores looked to the ground. "Dolores what are they?" Molly shouted. "I was only doing what I thought was right" Dolores choked. "Maé what is in the bottle?" Cristiano asked his mother. He could see Molly was becoming worried. The bottle shook in her hand. She thought they were victims. "Maé answer me" Cristiano asked. "Pill" she muttered. "Sorry" he asked not sure he had heard her correctly.

"Oh my God" Molly exclaimed dropping the bottle of pills on the floor. "I was taking a contraceptive pill all the time" Molly said. "Maé" Cristiano said looking in shock at his mother. There was no way she would do that. "What were you thinking Maé?" Elma asked.

"Maé will you answer us" Cristiano yelled making his mother flinch. "I was only doing what I thought was right. You were rushing into things. Both of you were. Molly you were young and he was taking advantage of you" Dolores said looking at Molly for her to see what she had done was for the best.

"What you thought was right?" Molly yelled. "How could you do that?" Cristiano asked. "It didn't matter what you thought what was right" Molly yelled moving around the kitchen island towards Dolores. "It was my choice. It was none of your business" she yelled.

"My son was using you. You had suffered so much because of him and I didn't want you to be upset anymore" Dolores said. "So you thought giving me pills which I thought were something different was a good idea" Molly yelled. "You weren't thinking" Dolores said. "We've had this discussion over and over again. It was between me and Cristiano. No one else. Oh my God what else have you been drugging me with" Molly asked as a feeling of sick ran through her body.

"Nothing I promise. Molly please you have to understand at the time I thought it was a bad at the time" she said. "At the time. Before I gave birth to your grandchild you mean and served my purpose" Molly snapped.

"Molly" Cristiano said. Did she really think that he thought?

"Molly please, I just wanted you both to slow down. To see what you were doing wasn't right" Dolores said. "Maé how could you?" Cristiano asked. "It doesn't matter now. You both have Junior now" Dolores said. "What about all the times I thought something was wrong with me? All the times I thought Dr. Frenz had done something to me that would mean I would be able to get pregnant" Molly cried as her breathing became fast.

"Molly" Cristiano said moving to her. "Don't" she yelled. "Don't touch me" she yelled backing away from him. "Molly I'm sorry" Dolores cried. "You lied to me. You drugged me" Molly cried. "I know you are upset" Dolores said. "Upset. I'm way past upset. I'm furious. I can't even look at you" Molly said.

"Molly please" Dolores pleaded. "Stay away from me. All of you stay away from me" Molly yelled running down the hall.

"Cristiano I'm sorry" Dolores said as Elma comforted her. "I knew you were against the idea of me having a baby with her but I never thought you would do that" Cristiano said. "But you weren't having a baby with her. She was having the baby for you and then handing it over. She wasn't thinking. I hoped you both you come to your senses" she said.

"Our senses. You tricked her Maé. You gave her pills to stop her from getting pregnant. Do you know how worried she was? Ask Elma. She was frightened so much" Cristiano said. "I really didn't want to upset her" Dolores cried. "Her mother used to make her sick when she was younger" Cristiano said. "What?" Elma said. "She used to give her stuff to make Molly get sick on purpose. She spent most of her early childhood in and out of hospital. She had doctors running tests. Doctors taking her blood. Why do you think she hates needles?" he yelled.