Chapter 93- Not Needed

"Dude you are so tense" Fabio said throwing on his shirt as he and the other guys part of the team got ready for warm ups. "Did you just call him dude? Man you are watching too much American tv" Pepe joked. "Cris" Fabio said. "Huh" Cristiano said. "Are you alright?" Pepe asked. "I'm fine" he replied. "Your knee is bouncing" Pepe said. "I haven't being able to relax all week" Cristiano said. "Well start cos we need you on fire tonight" Fabio said and Pepe rolled his eyes knowing Fabio's comment wouldn't help things. "Let's go warm up" Pepe said as the players began to leave the dressing room.

"I'll be right out" Cristiano said and Pepe nodded pulling Fabio away with him. Cristiano didn't know why he was so anxious. He just wanted the game over and be able to relax he thought as his phoned vibrated next to him. "Camera shy but still rooting for papa" a text came from Molly followed by a selfie of Ricky and Molly with Junior's head nuzzled against Molly with just the back of his jersey on show. He smiled. "Cris" Xabi called out from the open door. "Coming" Cristiano said standing. "You ok?" Xabi asked. "Never better" Cristiano smiled slapping Xabi on his back.

"So have you sorted things out with your lovely lady yet?" Molly asked Ricky as they sat in Cristiano's box at the stadium as the ball went out over the line for a Real throw in. "There's nothing to make up" he said. "Sure whatever you say" she said squeezing her fingers in her lap. "Either you don't know what to do with your hands when you haven't got Junior in them or you're nervous as Cris was" Ricky said.

"A little bit of both" Molly muttered staring down to where Dolores sat with Junior in her lap. "I don't get why Cris was so worked up about this match though" Ricky said. "Me either. I know the local derby is big but he was cool as a cucumber before the Barcelona game a while ago. At least he is playing well himself whatever about the result" Molly sighed as Pepe knocked the ball out for a corner. "He's just a bit worked up this week I guess" Ricky shrugged. "What could be bothering him though?" Molly asked. "Oh nice save" Ricky said clapping his hands. "One goal. That's all we need" Molly said and Ricky laughed.

"What?" Molly asked not taking her eyes of the pitch below them. "Just funny how much of a football fan you've become" Ricky said. "Well it's alright to watch at times" Molly muttered. "Sure" Ricky smirked. "And I want them to do well ok. You and I both you a certain number seven is easier to deal with when things are going well for him on the pitch" Molly said. "Before ya" Ricky said. "Before what?" Molly asked. "Just for the first time since I've known Cris, it's things off the pitch that make him happy and easier to deal with" Ricky said. "Fatherhood changes people" Molly said. "Or certain people" Ricky mumbled.

"Oh is it over yet?" Irina asked as she came down the steps. She had taken a seat next to Dolores during the match but the women hardly spoke. Irina spent most of the time on her phone while Dolores was focused on her grandson and the match. And everyone knew not to even attempt to talk much to Dolores while her son was playing. "Almost" Molly said as her phone beeped. "That phone is busy tonight" Ricky smirked as she pulled it out from her bag. "And so if it is?" Molly asked as she smiled at the message. "Just that anytime I have seen you this week you seem to be always on your phone" Ricky said. "And" Molly said. "Luke is very keen" Ricky said.

"Why is the question everyone wants to know" Irina muttered still standing at the side. "Kick it" Dolores roared and Irina took a seat next to Molly. "Time is almost up" Molly said. "It's about time" Irina moaned. "Free kick" Ricky said when the ref blew the whistle. "Oh I can't watch" Molly said covering her eyes. "Oh bloody hell" Ricky muttered. "Did he miss?" Molly said dropping her hands away from her eyes. "He hasn't taken it yet. I meant I can barely look too" Ricky said.