Chapter 91- In Need Of A Pep Talk

"Hey you're out here early" Pepe said as he came to stand by Cristiano who was lining up the ball to take another free kick on the training pitch. "Well your woman came to annoy Molly this morning and managed to annoy me at the same time" Cristiano said kicking the ball hard into the empty net.

"She was just curious to know how Molly got on last night. And I hope Molly isn't as grumpy as you are today" Pepe said. "I'm not grumpy. I just like a bit of peace and quiet at breakfast" Cristiano said lining up another ball. "So how did Molly get on last night?" Pepe asked. "Ask Ana. She was getting all the details when I left" Cristiano snapped. "Cris" Pepe said. "Fine. She got on fine I guess" Cristiano shrugged. "That's good. Isn't it? Like it would be worse if she came back upset" Pepe said. "Ya I guess" Cristiano said trying not to think of all the bad things that could have happened to Molly while she was out. "Hola" Iker said walking towards the two men with Sergio at his side.

"Oh great" Cristiano muttered knowing Sergio was coming full with questions. "Mana" Pepe said. "Just a heads up he's grumpy cos my missus after at his early to annoy Molly about her date last night" Pepe told the Spaniards. "I'm not grumpy" Cristiano snapped kicking the ball. "So how did Molly's date go?" Sergio asked. "Why don't you ask her yourself" Cristiano said. "She had a good time apparently" Pepe said. "Good good" Sergio nodded. "What he means is Molly going to see the guy again?" Iker asked.

"Who knows. Are we training or what" Cristiano said running over to the rest of the team. "Why is he so grumpy?" Iker asked. "I have no idea" Pepe sighed shaking his head at Cristiano. "I hope you are taking it easy for the rest of the day. You really went for it today" Pepe said as he pulled off his boots sat next to Cristiano in the changing room after training had finished. "I'm going for lunch with Irina. And then shopping. Apparently I owe her since we didn't go out last night so Molly could" Cristiano muttered resting his elbows on his knees. "Hey mate don't let all the questions about Molly's new guy annoy you. Ana and Sergio are just curious cos they care about Mols. We all do" Pepe said.

"Well you know what curiosity lead for the cat. And she's being on one date with him. That doesn't make him her guy" Cristiano snapped. "And would there be anything wrong with him being her guy?" Pepe asked. "She barely knows him" Cristiano said. "Well she's trying to get to know him. Look Cris I know she's your friend and like us all your protective of her but Molly will do what she wants. She's entitled to. So don't be an ass to Molly cos it will bite you in the ass if you are. And none of us needs the two of you fighting" Pepe said. "I don't like fighting with her either" Cristiano sighed knowing his friend was right.

"You going to get that?" Pepe asked when the Cristiano's phone which was laying on the bench between the two men buzzed. "It's probable Irina telling me what she wants" Cristiano groaned as he moved to pick the phone up. "What did she say?" Pepe asked when Cristiano smiled. "It's not her" Cristiano replied. "Who is it?" Pepe asked wondering what had his friend smiling all of a sudden. "Molly" Cristiano replied. "Oh" Pepe said. "She sent a picture of Junior" Cristiano said showing him the phone. "Cute. He always makes you smile" Pepe said. "Always" Cristiano smiled as he gazed at the picture Molly had taken. Junior in his buggy with Molly leaning next to him both making faces at the camera. "Junior making duck faces while feeding the ducks" the caption read.

"Cristiano. Are you listening to me?" Irina asked. "Huh" he said looking up from the chair where he sat. "I asked if you were listening to me but clearly I know the answer" she pouted with her arms crossed opposite him. "I'm sorry Irina. What were you saying?" he asked. "It's clearly not important" she huffed and went back to looking through the rails in the shop. "Irina" he said walking behind her. "I'm clearly not important enough for you to listen. Or even pretend to listen to" she pouted. "Babe, I'm sorry. I just had a tough training session. I guess the tiredness is starting to hit me now" he said wrapping his arms around her waist.