Chapter 79- You're Biting Your Lip

"You coming with me boy" Cristiano said to Marcosa as he rubbed his head at the top of the stairs. It was late and everyone was in bed. Well nearly everyone. Molly still hadn't come back to the house. His mother and sisters had come back two hours ago. Cristiano had heard them as he laid next to Irina. She had fallen fast asleep after they had made up for lost time but he had laid awake looking up at the ceiling.

He was pouring himself a glass of milk when he heard footsteps coming down the hall. He flicked the light on and saw her jump. "Sorry I didn't mean to frighten you" he said. "It's fine" Molly said picking the coat she had dropped from the floor. "I wasn't expecting anyone to be up" she said. "I wanted a drink" he said holding up the glass before taking a sip.

"You made the most of your night" he said wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "I didn't realize how late or early it was" Molly said. "You were enjoying yourself. That's aloud. Wait did you walk back by yourself?" he asked cursing Nuno and Sergio for letting her leave on her own in the middle of the night.

"Nuno and I walked with Ana and Pepe to their house. He's outside on the phone" Molly said. "He should be thankful you're not trying to find out about the girl on the other end of the line" Cristiano said. "That's what tomorrow is for" Molly smirked. "Anything happen after I left?" he asked. "You missed Marcelo singing. You were lucky you left early" Molly said. "I hadn't planned on leaving. Irina was tired" he said. "Well she did-

Fly across the world. Ya I know" Cristiano said. Irina had told him enough times. "I should get to bed" Molly said. "You must be tired after all you're dancing" Cristiano said walking around the kitchen island. "Everyone wanted to dance. And with me" she said. "Who wouldn't want to dance with the beautiful birthday girl of the hour" Cristiano said. "Not everyone" she muttered and the coat fell from her hands. "I've got it" he said quickly stepping forward to pick the coat up before placing it on the nearby stool. Now she had nothing in her hands he could see her hands fumbling.

"Ahm notie" Molly said shaking her head as she turned. Marcosa who had been walking around Molly's feet brushed off her leg and she stumbled backwards and fell into Cristiano waiting arms. "You ok?" he asked. "Ya" she replied as he settled her back onto her feet. "I swear Marcosa just wants me to fall on my ass" she said. "Just as well then that I'm always here to catch you then" he said.

"I should....." she stuttered. "Maybe you should take the shoes off before you take the stairs" he said. "Ya that might be a good idea" she said lifting her right leg to unclip the shoe. "I've been looking forward to taking them off the past hour" she said wavering. Cristaino placed one hand on her hip and the other on her shoulder. "Don't want you to topple over" he said when she looked up at him.

"Why do women wear them if they hurt?" he asked. "Ever hear the saying pain before beauty" she said. "You already have enough beauty" he said and she stumbled once more but he held her up. "Better?" he asked taking the shoes from her. "Much. What are you doing?" she asked as he placed the shoes on the coat. "I never wished the birthday girl a happy birthday" he said. "It's fine" she said. "It's not. So how about a birthday hug?" he asked.

"You don't have" she said as she felt his arms go around her back and pull her close yo him. She instinctively wrapped her own arms around him and rested the side of her head against his bare chest. "Happy birthday Mols" he whispered as he stroked her hair.

"I hope you had a lovely day" he said. Molly lifted her head and looked up at him. "Thank you for the party" she said. "I...It wasn't me" he stammered. "Thank you for planning it. You didn't have to" she said. "Who told you?" he asked knowing there was no point in denying anything. "Marcelo let it slip" she said. "Big mouth" he muttered annoyed.

"You thought I forgot" he said. "No" she lied trying to take a step back but he held her firmly in her place. "Yes you did" he said lifting her chin up. "Fine I did ok" she snapped. How the hell was she supposed to react? She had believed that he hadn't remembered the whole day and then she finds out that he planned a party for her.