Chapter 108- They've Gone Where?

"Where have you been?" Irina said loudly as Cristiano walked into his living room. "I take baby" Olga said as she came towards Cristiano. "You missed your sister leaving" Dolores said turning a page in her book. "I said goodbye before I went out" Cristiano said as he watched Olga leave the room with his son. "Before you went where?" Irina asked. She had been annoyed that Cristiano hadn't been at the house when she got back.

"I went to see Molly" Cristiano said and Dolores flipped her head back to look at him. "You did?" she asked in surprise. "Yes" he said. "Why? She's not your nanny anymore. Why can't everyone just let her live her life?" Irina snapped. "She said she'll come by in the morning Maé" he said and watched as his mother smiled. "Oh that's wonderful" she smiled. "I'm going to clean up before dinner" Irina pouted as she stood from the couch and left the living room. Cristiano flopped on the couch where his mother sat.

"You took Junior with you" Dolores said. "Yes" he said. "You left ages ago" she mumbled turning another page on her book. "We talked" he mumbled. "About what?" she asked her eyes focused on her book. "What needed be said. I don't expect her to forgive me but she's going to try" he said. "And Junior?" Dolores asked. "I don't think I've ever seen him as happy. Either of them" he said and Dolores looked at her son. "She was so shocked to see me standing at her door. With Junior. She actually couldn't speak which is really unnerving by the way" he said. "Yes you have mentioned that before but what else happened?" she asked.

"Like I said we talked. Oh God Maé I really have said some awful things to her since I've met her" he said. "Well stop saying those things then. I mean when you next see her. If that..." she paused. "Why start following the plan now?" he mumbled standing. "What is that supposed to mean?" Dolores asked. "It means..I don't know take one day at the time" he shrugged. "Cris" she said.

"She said that I could call her Mols again but it doesn't feel right. I don't deserve to call her that. I don't even deserve for her to speak to me. Everything is such a mess. And I can't......Only for her being so shocked about seeing Junior I guess was the only reason she didn't scream at me" he said.

"So she won't be his nanny anymore but..." she said hoping for her son to say something a little more. "Maé I don't know ok. She saw him today and..." he took a breath. "She can see him again?" she asked. "If she wants to then I'm not going to stop her" he said turning to leave. "What about her leaving in January?" Dolores asked and he stopped walking. "January is a long time away" he mumbled before leaving his mother alone in the living room. Dolores placed the book in her lap as she watched her son exit the room. She smiled at the step he had taken. One step at the time is better than taking none at all she thought absolutely thrilled that Molly got to see Junior for the first time since she left.

"A certain Scot says hello" Cristiano read a text from Molly and smiled. "Tell him hi back" he replied. He had sent her a picture of Kermit sitting in one of the corners of Junior's crib last night. It had been the first time in over a week that he had communicated using his phone. She replied with a smiley face before sending a pic of Elmo sitting on her pillow. It was only small communication but still made Cristiano feel great. He had come back in from the training pitch to a text from his mother telling him that it had done the right thing. She then followed it with a picture of a smiling Molly and Junior earlier in the morning before Molly had left for Manchester.

"He's buying us lunch :)" Molly texted and he let out a laugh. "I hope he has all he's credit cards with the amount you eat wink" he replied. "Wow is that a smile on your face or am I imagining it?" he heard Pepe asked taking a seat next to Cristiano at the Airport lounge. The team were waiting to board the flight to Granada for their match tomorrow. "Shut up" Cristiano said rolling his eyes as he waited for Molly's response.