Chapter 17

Another HUMONGOUS thank you to the awesome Aliowen6 for the awesome comment!! :P Thank you you make me smile!!! :D 

Thank you so much for your comment Cathylala2!! Next chapter will be for you!!! :D

Read on and enjoy! Next chapter tuesday or wednesday! ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Chapter 17

P.O.V Demi

I squeezed Ellona and Olivia's hands in mine. We were waiting to know who would be eliminated this week. My heart was beating hard in my chest. It was the moment I hated the most about X-Factor. I didn't want to see any of my girls go home tonight. They were both so talented and deserved the recording contract. Olivia stroke my hand with her thumb trying to relax me. I let go of the tension, concentrating on her gentle touch. I turned my head towards her and sent her a cute smile. 

-"You ok?", she mouthed soundlessly and I nodded in response before turning my eyes back to Mario. 

-"And the first act that will be going home tonight is", he said the suspense lingering in the air, "Ellona Santiago!", he exclaimed sadly, "Ellona come join us". Olivia squeezed my hand a bit tighter before letting go so I could hug Ellona.

-"You were perfect! You did great!", I whispered in her ear before sliding my hand back in hers to walk towards Mario. I swung my arm over her shoulder pulling her closer to me. I completely zoned out as she answered Mario's question. Ellona was going home. It all felt so unreal! She could've won, what was wrong with America this year. I bit my lips trying to find where I went wrong with her, where I made a mistake but I couldn't pinpoint anything. My heart was hurting for Ellona, she wanted it so badly and if she had lost her chances because of me, I could never forgive myself. Maybe I had had enough of X-Factor, I missed music way too much and I had no time for it. In that moment I felt like I had reached the last page of a good book. X-Factor was over for me, I would not come back. Ellona smiled sadly mouthing me a thank you as tear ran down her cheeks. I wiped them away before pulling her into an another hug.

-"America is crazy this year! They don't know how to vote! You were awesome Ellona! It's not over ok! Promise me you won't stop fighting for what you want!", I said in her ear.

-"I promise", she sobbed. I pulled her closer to me, sighing sadly. X-Factor was over for her, I couldn't process what had happened. That was some crazy fucked up shit.

[...]

We were all siting backstage huddled up in different little group but I was siting alone. I took a sip of my bottle of water trying to suppress the negative thoughts that ran through my mind.

-"Hey Demi", Olivia huffed quietly sitting down next to me.

-"Hey", I whispered, her hand squeezed my knee reassuringly.

-"Are you alright?", she asked concerned.

-"Am I a good mentor?", I asked.

-"Yeah! Of course you are Demi!", she exclaimed confused.

-"Are you just saying that cause you love me?", I said.

-"What no! I'm being honest! Babe, if Simon wanted you for the job it's for a reason. He asked you back for another year! I think that if you were a bad mentor, which you're not, he wouldn't have hired you again!", she said sadly.

-"Ok", I huffed not convinced at all. I looked down at my lap biting my lip hard so the tears wouldn't escape my eyes. "I need you Olivia!", I huffed.