4."First look is Halaal"

"Meeza you need to go!" Her eyes doubled in size with freight

"Meeza you need to go!" Her eyes doubled in size with freight. Panic bubbled through her.

"What's wrong Asma?"

"Your dad is here!!!

"What!" Fear snaked through her settling like a knot in her stomach. She bolted upright immediately.

"Come on let's go hurry up!" She held Meeza's hand and they ran towards the entrance of the tent.

"Wait Saaleha!"

"I've already sent her back in the room with Laiba"

"Oh great!" She let out a sigh of relief and ran from there. Hundreds of ladies continued to stare at her making her more anxious but she didn't care anymore. In this moment it was only her father she was afraid of.
There was alot of noise and commotion outside and the music became rapid.

"The groom is coming in" Asma shouted atop her voice.

"Oh no, if they enter now we're stuck in here!"

"Now what Asma how do I go?"
Meeza stared at her with worry.

"The other way behind the stage"

Just as she said that a group of boys entered the tent. The music erupted even louder than before making Asma cup her hands onto her ears. A group of men with huge drums and sticks continued to beat at them noisily irritating Meeza to the bone.

She turned around quickly hiding her face. She felt embarrassed of herself. Ladies watched how she covered her face and began to laugh and jeer. Or was it just her feeling that way.

They both ran towards the entrance now. This was Rukhsana's big moment. Meeza felt upset that she had to leave in this way.

"Asma you go! I'll find my way"

"I can't leave you alone!"

"I'll be fine, tell Rukhsana I'm sorry I had to leave" she hugged Asma and turned. She was feeling bad to leave this way.

What do I do she thought?

To her left she noticed a corner of the tent next to the stage. It was surrounded by diamond crystals hanging. It would be a perfect hiding spot and she would be able to see the Nikkah and run after it was complete.

She looked at her watch. It was still 8:44. Fifteen minutes were enough to get out of here. She made a dash to the spot she picked still covering her face with the veil and hidden behind the crystal curtain. Nobody could see her from here.

The smell of biryani wafted through her nose. She was right next to the food table she realised. As if on cue her stomach began to grumble. Too bad she won't be getting any of it.

A group of men huddled towards the stage. The groom sat next to Rukhsana on the bench. They made a great pair.

Meeza searched for her father and finally saw him. He was wearing his coat over his blue Kurta and matching topi.