6.Nikkah- Part One

The thin line of liquid eyeliner on her eyelids cast a glow on her big brown eyes

The thin line of liquid eyeliner on her eyelids cast a glow on her big brown eyes. It made her eyes pop out and made her feel confident and appear as a strong willed woman, but she was fragile.

Just like a piece of glass.

She started by drawing a set of wings on the sides of her eyes. Then started from inside to the outer corners, and filled in the gaps. She dipped her brush into the dark liquid and applied another darker coat ontop of the previous thin line. Not satisfied with how light it looked. She dipped her brush into the dark liquid one more time, only to go over again on the previous dull line. Like a cats eye. She always overdid it when it came to her eyeliner. Not that she cared of what people thought? There was nothing wrong in enhancing your features just a little bit?

*flashback*

"Ahem!" she cleared her throat to gain their attention, then again more loudly.

"I'm here to tell you my answer"
Her subconscious mind told her she was making a huge mistake and she wasn't ready but she ignored all the voices in her head. She battled with her mind for fifteen minutes and finally came to a conclusion. She inhaled a deep, wary breath. Then drew herself up with dignity and spoke aloud.

"Its a yes from me" she said in a monotonous droning voice, showing no expressions at all. Her posture remained rigid as she stood by the door frame.

"Mubarak ho sab ko!"
They all yelled in excitement and congratulated each other the moment she uttered a yes.

*flashback ends*

She pushed the brush back and forth into the mascara bottle until the brush tip was fully coated. She moved the brush in a zig zag motion, brushing a coating onto her eyelashes.
She pouted as she brushed a fine layer of peach rouge upon her cheeks very lightly in circles. Her face was pallid under the layer of rouge.

*flashback*
"Thank you my dear Meeza, you have made me proud, thank you for considering this proposal" he hugged his daughter and placed a gentle kiss on her forhead.

"No need to thank me Dad, you've done alot for me, it's time I returned the favor and help remove the burden from your shoulders"

"You were never a burden! Don't you ever think that way" he held both her shoulders and shook them whilst he spoke.

"Thank you for understanding Meeza, I knew you wouldn't let me down" Aunty Shakila interrupted.