13. But First, Leme Take A Çelfie

"Hello Meeza?"

"Hello Meeza?"

"AssalamuAlaikum Saaleha! How are you?? I can't believe I'm hearing your voice!"

"Me toooo! Where have you been, no contact nothing at all! Do you know how worried mum and dad have been? How I've been! We're worried sick! It's been two days How irresponsible of you di!"

"I'm so sorry Saaleha! I can explain myself, we only arrived home yesterday in the evening. I was so exhausted I went to sleep, this place is so big it keeps me so busy I didn't realise a whole day had gone past" she replied as she paced up and down her room in excitement.

"Its fine as long as you called now, How is Chicago?" Saaleha replied through the speaker.

"I will be going out this afternoon. But
This place is soo cool Saaleha, there's so much to explore, I live in a huge mansion like in the movies, you can get lost here it's that big! oh Saaleha if only you were here, it's amazing here, you would have loved it here, there's a swimming pool and they have their own mini cinema! That's about the only rooms I've seen, There's so much I haven't yet seen! There's a friggin lift in the house"

"Wowwww you lucky brat!! I envy you! hold on a second I'm facetiming you"

"You're what?"

Seconds later a face popped into view.

"I can see you!" Meeza squealed. Verily the Internet had made life much easier. Large tears brimmed in her eyes to see her little sister. Moments later Aunty Shakila's face popped into view.

"Meeza Allah!" She clasped her hands on her face like a dramatic brown mom. "Meeza Ya Allah meri beti" Meeza couldn't hold her tears in she wept and so did her mother. Aunty Shakila wiped the camera in an attempt to wipe her tears.

"Dont cry beta, Tell me my dear how is everything there? is everyone okay with you there?"

"Everyone is great here Alhamdulilah, Aunty Rida and Uncle Asfar are such good people, Aunty Rida's daughter is here from Manchester and her daughter Juwairiya! She's such a sweet person"

"MashaAllah may Allah always keep you blessed and happy my darling"

"Ameen"

"Tell me Meeza.. is Saahir okay with you?" She questioned fiddling with her hijab as she looked at herself on the corner of the screen.
Meeza's happy mood turned sour on the mention of his name
She forced a lazy smile into her phone.

"Yes mum he's fine,"

"Meeza is he okay with you?"

"Yes mum!" She faked another laugh chuckling too as she did. How she wanted to continue talking to her mother, but for right now it was enough.

"I'll speak to you later Ammi, Saahir will be home soon"

"Okay beta but please keep in touch, you dad is very worried for you, please give him a call when he's back from work"