21.Secrets

Meeza felt uneasy the way Rukhsana scanned her from top to bottom

Meeza felt uneasy the way Rukhsana scanned her from top to bottom. She never expected Rukhsana to ever come and visit her. She never once set foot Meeza's house in Pakistan. Meeza couldn't help but think it was only simply because she was a Billionaire's wife now, but quickly removed the ill thought from her mind. She had to bite on her tongue to stop herself from saying anything inappropriate.

"How are you?" Rukhsana screeched and hugged Meeza. Definitely not the reaction she was expecting.

"I'm great Alhamdulillah how are you?" Meeza asked in a disoriented way. What was her motive?

"I'm great" she flashed a smile and Meeza gave a half-hearted smile in return.

"Please do come in" Meeza led her to the far from simple and elegant massive living room. Rukhsana stared at all the beauty in awe. It had white leather sofas with generous armrests. They were plush thick carpets. Rukhsana was baffled by its luxury.
She had never seen anything like this in her entire life. Meeza switched on the living
room lights. The large chandelier sparked
up flashing a million tiny sparkly lights which bounced off the walls. Meeza still hadn't got used to the luxury yet. And Rukhsana's reaction was totally worth seeing. Her eyes were wide as saucers and not a word was uttered from her mouth. Meeza looked at her waiting, she as loving the reaction.

"This is amazing" she beamed.
"Please sit down" Meeza offered her to sit down with her. Rukhsana sat down looking at the plush sofas and getting comfortable.

"So what brings you here Rukhsana?" Meeza asked very bluntly. She was trying her best to stay in her best mood, but Rukhsana's behaviour back in Pakistan and the way she was behaving here was a totally different person.

A flashback came to her as she waited for Rukhsana to reply:

-

"Congratulations Rukhsana I'm so happy for you!"

"You're happy for me?I'm happy for me! I'm engaged to someone you can only dreaaam of, I mean he works for Kent industries! I'm sure you've never heard of it?"

She shook her head. Rukhsana was always offensive and repulsive towards Meeza. But Meeza never showed she felt offended. Instead she dealed with kindness and always smiled back.

"You could only dream of a guy like Rehan" she bragged.

"Cut it out Rukhsana, heesh" Asma retorted. She knew how Meeza felt.

"May Allah Always keep the two of you happy"

"Yeah whatever Aameen"

-
"Meeza?" Rukhsana shook Meeza's arm.

"Why are you here Rukhsana?" She fired her question again with fury filled eyes.
Her question caught her completely offguard. She didn't know what to say.