9.Rukhsati - Part Two

"Abaya"

"Abaya"

"Check"

"Hijab"

"Check"

"Niqab"

"Check"

"Suitcases"

"Check"

"Can you two stop! It's like I'm not even here" Meeza spun around at the two girls watching her intently. She gave each of them a killer look.

"Hot handsome Billionaire entering the house" Asma continued.

"Check" Saaleha added.

Meeza spun around gaping at the door.

Both chuckled on her sudden rapid movement.

"Idiots! Go pray your fajr" Meeza punched both of them on the shoulder as she wiggled her way in between the two on her bed.

"You thought it was brother in law" Saaleha teased Meeza.

"Why didn't you hear? Saahir already left for Chicago on last nights flight?"

"Ohh" Meeza's face was left in an 0 shape.

"Thats strange, why didn't he just wait?"Saaleha spoke Meeza's mind.

"He's probably too busy.. as always"
Meeza sarcastically added rolling her eyes. So much for all the excitement of seeing him. Despite his behaviour yesterday, she still had hopes things would change. He seemed tensed, probably because of work pressure. Meeza continued to give herself fake confidence to boost her mood which was slowly dying.

"I'm sure he's dying to see you!" Asma added to the fake confidence and she was doing a great deal on her part.

"Its time to go Meeza" Aunty Rida's shrill voice interrupted them.

Meeza's knees wobbled on hearing her. It was time for Ruksati. She clutched onto both Asma and Saalehas sleeves, not wanting to let go. Asma put on Meeza's niqab for her not looking her friend in her eye. She didn't want to make it harder for her on her Ruksati.

She walked into the living room with a heavy heart. Her family huddled around her giving her last hugs. Most of her relatives lived very far, she had met them last night only. Only a few friends had come to meet her. Asma's mum and sister and a few of her moms friends.

It was time for the final Ruksati. The same red heavy dupatta was placed on Meeza's head. She dreaded putting it on her head.

It was time to meet her parents. Meeza had been controlling her tears all along. The moment Aunty Shakila pulled her into an embrace she felt warm tears flowing from her eyes. Rolling onto her rosy cheeks. She cried uncontrollably.

"I don't want to go mum. Please dont send me away. I still want to spend more time with you. I can't leave you."

"You have to be strong" she spoke between tears. She knew she had to be strong for her daughter but it was hard to let her go.