25. Last will & Testament

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬"Don't cry for money,it never cries for you"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
"Don't cry for money,
it never cries for you"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The murmur of voices grew louder as she  reached the last floor in the lift. She covered her face quickly tucking the end of the scarf into her hijab. She blew a deep breath preparing herself to face the crowd.

It was the day of the testament.
His last will was going to be read.
It had been a week since he died. It still seemed surreal and moving on wasn't in Meeza. She was in denial. What hurt her more was how it hadn't affected mother and son. To them it was all about the money and it made Meeza sick to the stomach.

Her legs became weak and she held onto the wall as she walked. She didn't get much sleep and only after Fajr she had an hour of sleep. She dragged herself out of the lift and looked down the hallway at the study room. Which had a glass wall. The room was filled with lawyers seated. The place was swarmed with media and reporters, Meeza turned the other way leaning on the wall. Her heart beat rised and dropped. She had managed to dodge the media the day of the funeral. But today was very unlikely.

Meeza's didn't want to face anyone today but she had to be present. She had to hear his last will.

She walked past the people who were gathered outside the study. They flashed pictures and brought the Mic to her face to speak

"Ma'am please tell us what you think is going to be in the will?" A random lady came forward.

She raised a hand to stop them and walked past them opening the study room door. She felt a rush of anger and wondered why Saahir had allowed them to enter the house.  Maybe he wanted to announce his fame infront of them. Typical Saahir.

"AssalamuAlaikum" She greeted as she entered the lounge. A few men turned and replied to her greeting. Meeza was glad they were Muslims.

"Aah there she is, Please do come in, take your seat" a young man in a tuxedo smiled at Meeza and pointed at a chair next to Aunty Rida. Aunty Rida gave her a look full if distaste.

"Now can we get on with it?" She spat her words with disgust. They all got up and walked into the lounge. Jenny closed the glass doors so they couldn't be heard.

The family of three gathered around the marble table along with plenty lawyers and other important people.

A stern looking man in a suit prepared himself with his papers to read out the last will and testament.

He cleared his throat before he began.

"As we all know I am going to read the will of Asfar Agha Khan"

Saahir rolled his eyes. Meeza prayed durood shareef. She had stayed up each night that Allah must do the right thing. Saahir was waiting for his father's will to be read out. He was sure his father had made changes to it. That was why he went to Dubai. He had to. He couldn't wait for the attorney to finish so he could celebrate.