10.Chicago

The messenger of Allah (Swallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said:

"The Belivers Best In Faith

Are Those Best In Character
And The Best of You Are
Those Best To Your Spouses."
-{Tirmidhi}.

Chicago,Illnois, The Unites States

"We will be making our descent into O'Hare

International Airport in approximately five minutes. Please fasten your seat belts and make sure your trays are clear and in an upright position. Please do not leave your seats until we are safely in the boarding zone. Thank you for flying American Airlines."

Meeza's eyes flashed as she heard the flight attendant on the speaker. She stifled a yawn on remembering she's still next to her in laws. Meeza recited several duas as the flight was descending whereas her in laws didn't pay any heed. This was nothing new to them.

Checking out was traumatic for Meeza. She had to go through many security controls because she was from Pakistan. All she wanted was to reach home and sleep. But the thought that she would meet Saahir instantly filled her mind. How could she forget that?. Her journey had not only finished, it had only begun.

As soon as the luggage was claimed, uncle Asfar called for a taxi. The cool air of Chicago hit them as they walked out of the big doors of O'Hale International Airport. The temperature had decreased drastically. It was summer in Pakistan and quite chilly in Chicago.

"Mmmm home" Aunty Rida smiled as she rubbed her arms in an attempt to get warm. Meeza realised she was cold too.

"Its always a good feeling when we're back in our city" Uncle Asfar chimed in.

Meeza smiled back on seeing both happy.
A chauffeur removed his cap and greeted them along with a line of bodyguards. A black limousine awaited them. Meeza stood gaping in shock.

The driver was a dark skinned African American in his twenties. He didn't look very friendly and waited until he was given instructions.

The drive into the main city was boring. It had nothing but trees stretched out on both sides. Uncle Asfar wondered what was going through Meeza's mind. Will she like this place? how will she react when she enters the city?

As soon as they entered the city, Meeza noticed a change in the atmosphere into a dingy dull color and the thick smoke. She rolled her windows down and breathed in the air. A strange raw pungent odor filled through her nostrils. One she couldn't quite describe. It didn't smell bad but it wasn't good either. It was a rich sensual and strong smell. As the car continued to drive smoothly on the tar.
Factories with immense volumes of smoke came into view. Smoke poured from their chimneys, populating, that was where the smell was coming from.