8.Rukhsati- Part One

The bathroom door finally opened for what felt like hours to a dramatic Asma

The bathroom door finally opened for what felt like hours to a dramatic Asma. Meeza emerged with a wet face and lose tendrils framing her face. She walked across her room, opened her wardrobe and removed a towel. Whilst wiping her face she drew her gaze towards Asma who had been gaping at her.

"What?"

"Details?"

"Maghrib" Meeza replied in a stern voice.

"Somethings off about you"

"I'd respect it if you left me alone for a while" she removed her prayer mat and layed it on the ground facing the qiblah.

"You're leaving tomorrow for Chicago! I'll be the wise friend and stay right here until you leave" she huffed crossing her arms around her chest. Meeza rolled her eyes and put on her burqa.

"Meeza, Asma" Aunty Shakila entered the room.

"Jee mom"

"My dear Meeza, the guests have been waiting to see you" she appeared panting.
Her hijab was almost falling off her round chubby face. Her forehead hair peeking through her hijab.

"Let me pray my namaz I'll be with you in a moment" she replied raising her hands for takbeer.

Aunty Shakila mouthed an 'is she okay' to asma while Meeza was praying. Asma replied with a shrug.

She entered the room closing the door behind her. She sat down and noticed her appearance in the mirror. She quickly fixed her hijab, covering her chin this time and placing the corner into the fold of the hijab underneath the chin. Then wiped off the perspiration off her upper lip with the scarf.

She waited while Meeza did her salam, prayed her dua and folded her mat.

"Are you okay Meeza?" She questioned almost too soon.

"I'm fine mum" she replied fervently with a loving smile folding her mat and putting it back where it was.

"Okay get ready my dear, dont keep the guests waiting"

Meeza felt a lump in a throat. How she wanted to cry so bad. But she composed herself from breaking out.

Asma knew something was wrong and she had to get Meeza to talk somehow. What did her and Saahir talk about?

Meeza dressed into the wedding dress she was wearing previously and put on her hijab in a more simple way this time.

"Meeza listen"

"Mhmm listening" she replied whilst applying a light coat of pink lipstick onto her lips.

"Can you look at me for a second?"

"Yeah what's up?" She looked at her through the mirror and moved her gaze to her face applying blush to her cheeks.

Asma was getting irritated by her behaviour. She jumped on the dressing table sitting opposite Meeza. This action startled her. Asma looked down at her placing her hands on Meeza's shoulders.