14. The Busy Streets of Chicago

"The most perfect in faith amongst believers is he who is best in manners and kindest to his wife"[Abu Dawood]

[Abu Dawood]

They got down from the cool air conditioned limousine, and were immediately hit by a blast of hot air. The difference felt so great to Meeza. It felt almost the same as the streets of pakistan. Except she had never sat in a vehice with an ac to feel the difference. It was 15° the previous night and the weather had drastically changed to 35°
Pakistan was also a vry hot country but Chicago had hit the world's third hottest country.

"Okay where to first?" Sahiba peered through the streets holding ahand and over her eyes to shield from the sun. She squinted her eyes in the distance. Two black cars stopped by the sidewalk and a total of 4 bodyguards emerged. One of them periodically stood beside Sahiba and opened an umbrella shielding her from the sun. The other two bodyguards stood next to Aunty Rida and Juwairiya. The last one stood next to Meeza opening an umbrella.

Meeza didn't enjoy the hospitality she was receiving but she felt it was rude to complain.

"The malls ofcourse, it's scorching hot for the park right now" Aunty Rida spoke with an already exhausted voice. Meeza had put on her niqab and hijab on. The felt cool in the limo but was sweating within minutes of standing out here.

They were many people walking along the five foot ways on both sides of the street. Most of them dropped an are you crazy look. They judged her because of her attire, making Meeza feel very uneasy.

The limousine had parked right infront of the mall. They had a special parking arranged for them. Meeza enjoyed the glamorous surroundings leading to the grande entrance of the shopping mall. The pine trees and fountains.

The transparent doors automatically slid open as they took a step into the grand entrance. The graceful doors glided open and they took their first step into the mall. They were hit with a cool breeze. Meeza was getting annoyed with the bodyguard following her wherever she walked.

"Aah heaven " Sahiba sighed putting her sunglasses at the top of her head and fanning her hands infront of her face as we stepped in.

A soft rhythmic song played in the huge mall. They spend two hours walking in an out of many expensive shops and boutiques. Meeza lost track of time. She had never shopped in this way before. Aunty Shakila only send Meeza and Saaleha to buy vegetables for the month or when it was necessary they went to Mina Bazaar or for shopping. Mostly on eid.

Whatever Meeza's hand dropped on Aunty Rida picked it. She got loads of hijabs and abayas in different colours. After hours of shopping.
They stopped in front of a pakistani shop. Meeza smiled to see a Pakistani boutique she was familiar with.

"Go on " Aunty Rida smiled.

"No you've only bought enough for me"

"Yes but those are English long dresses, I'm sure you'd like a few pakistani outfits too" she said with a wink.