Chapter Eight: Home in Your Arms

Ryan's POV

I watched as Avery whole body went completely still.

"Avery...I'm sorry I...." I start off but when she turned and her beautiful amber eyes were on my words dried out. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen and she was mine. I was slowly falling for her and I had only met her. She was kind and brave.

I watched her closely. Her amber eyes had tears that had not yet fallen. Her cheeks were wet and she looked...I couldn't even think of a word for it.

I wanted to run to her and take her in my arms and tell her it would be alright but I couldn't. She didn't know about us being mates. I was scared and unsure for the first time.

"What is wrong Avery?" I couldn't help but ask. She suddenly turned around looking away from me. There was a pain in mine and Darcy chest like before. Was she crying again?

I don't like seeing our mate like this Ryan. Do something or I'll fight my way out to help her!

I slowly but surely made my way up to the tree she was sitting in. The tree was one of the tallest in the wood, it was a weeping willow. It sat right by the glass like stream that run south of the pack house. It had a long thick branch that went right over the clear, crystal water. She was sat on that branch like she belonged there; she was one with this tree.

I jumped to the branch she was sitting in.

"Hey what's wrong?" I said softly, watching the tears fall down her face. She looked away again and before saying

"What are you doing here?" he voice cracked at the end of her sentence making my heart break.  

"To find you" I said to her. She turned and studied my face. It seemed like hours before she turned away again.

"Why?" she asked in a small, broken voice.

"It does matter. Why are you crying? Was it someone from my pack?" I asked rage spilling into my words, she flinched but replied.

"No"

"Please tell me?"

"Why should I? I don't even know you!" She snapped standing up suddenly. She balanced on the branch and looked over into the water. Her eyes had a faraway look to them. I was so scared she was going to fall, my heart was in my throat.

Let me speak to her Ryan. Darcy pled with me. He wanted his mate to understand that he cared and want to help her.

I can't Darcy she'll run. I don't think she knows we are mates! I tried to explain to him.

Avery's POV

I was so confused. Why did he care? I was the alone girl. I like to be alone. I sighed taking in the scent of the woods and him.

Avery, why don't you talk to him, for me? Morrigan asked me gently. Why did she care for them? We didn't even know them. I didn’t know what was going on; there were so many questions that lay unanswered and I couldn’t bear it! I exhaled loudly with frustration.

"Please, you don't know how I feel? I care about...You saved my sister! Please tell me what's wrong?" Ryan said to me.

I felt his hand take mine gently. There little jolts of electricity running along my hand up my arm to my heart. I suddenly felt loved and safe. I found myself sitting back down. He put his arm around my small shoulders and pulled me to his chest. I felt tears running down my cheeks again as I sat in Ryan's strong arms. I felt at home in his arms. What was happening? I cried harder.

"Avery, tell me what’s wrong?" I heard him whisperer softly into my ear, his warm breath fanning over my face. I felt him kiss the top of my head as I closed my eyes. I didn’t want to talk about it. It hurt too much still to think about.

Why was he asking so much of me? I didn’t even know him!

Ryan's POV

I felt her relax in my arms. I heard her breath become even. I looked down to see that she had fallen asleep in my arms. Darcy was so happy that our mate was in our arms. I slowly stood up with her in my arms. I leapt from the tall tree to landing without waking her. I started to run back to the pack house when I heard her whisperer softly in her sleep.  

"Please don't hurt me father...." I looked down to see her face scrunched up and tear escape her closed eyes. Why had she said that? What was going on in that small head of hers?

Darcy’s rage was rising miring mine!

What had her family done to her? I battled within myself not to wake her up to find out what happened. I couldn’t do that she needed rest! I told myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

I hope you liked this chapter! (Tell me what you think please).

Thank you for voting and fanning me. It means the world to me. Without you voting and fanning me I wouldn't carry on! It means a lot! I have always had trouble with English and now that I'm writing on Wattpad it really helps. I was two marks off an A in my English exam!! I love you all for helping me!! I could have started without all of you!

So this story is all because of you! Tell me what you think! Should I carry on?

Thank you again and sorry for any mistakes I have made. I will try to pick them up!

Abbiesmith0

xxxxxxx