Chapter 3: Passion

Spencer brought him back to her apartment after the wedding. He informed her that a bunch of relatives were staying at his apartment, so going back there wouldn't have been the best idea. Since their lips first connected in the dining hall, it was nearly impossible to separate them. Spencer hadn't been this intimate with a guy since high school. She reminded herself of how that turned out, then wondered how Toby would react. She couldnt tell him now, not when they were about to make love.

As Spencer pushed him down onto the bed, she realized just what she was doing. She couldn't just give herself to anyone. Not after what happened in high school. Not after all the times she had been hurt.

Toby began to unzip her violet dress, ready to unhook her lacy, black bra, but Spencer stopped him. "This isn't right. We just met yesterday," she said. She knew that he was special, ad she didn't want to ruin what they had.

"Alright, we'll stop. But I still want to keep kissing you." Toby said, a sly smile creeping onto his face. That smile only made Spencer want him even more.

"Thats fine with me," Spencer giggled, reconnecting their lips. She loved everything about this moment. She especially loved how their lips felt together. It all felt so right. Nothing felt more perfect.

He was so gentle with her. He knew that she wanted to wait for sex, so he obeyed. She allowed him to unzip her dress all the way, so she was left in her underwear.

"Give me your shirt," she whispered seductively. Her voice put him into some sort of trance. Her raspy voice practically hypnotized him, and he loved it. He untied his tie and unbuttoned his shirt, helping her put it on. If taking his shirts was something she enjoyed doing, he didn't mind. She looked sexy in them, anyways. His dress shirt ended at the middle of her thighs, due to the fact that he was much taller than her. He began to attack her neck with his lips, causing her to let out what sounded like a mix between a moan and his name. Her smooth, bare leg wrapped around his torso.

After they started to settle down, they laid on the bed in each other's embrace. They talked about nonsense, much like they did on their first date.

"What about this one?" Spencer asked, pointing at a long, barely noticeable scar on Toby's arm. She ran her finger along it, causing Toby to get goosebumps. Her hand and her touch felt so perfect on his skin. They had spent a good hour pointing out each other's scars, and listening to the other tell the stories behind them. It had gotten entertaining.

"I was about fourteen, I think. My brother thought that it would be a good idea to take me for a ride on his brand-new motorcycle." She could've listened to him tell stories all day. "I fell off and nearly broke my arm. It needed eight stitches." Toby said. Spencer felt a little bad for laughing, but was soon comforted by the sound of Toby laughing with her.

"How about this one?" Toby asked, pointing at a shorter, also barely noticeable scar near the bottom of Spencer's stomach. He had noticed it when Spencer took her dress off. He didn't give it much thought at first, though the story behind that scare was bigger than he'd imagined.

Spencer seized up. He couldn't know. She couldn't ruin this near perfect relationship. "I got my appendix taken out when I was eighteen." She simply said, hoping he wouldn't pick up on her peculiar behavior. This relationship was new, so they weren't at the stage where they could tell when the other was lying. Yet.

Toby, though confused at her blunt answer, ignored the weird feeling and caressed Spencer's soft, curly brown hair. "You're so beautiful. I'm so glad we found each other again."

Spencer smiled. If he really was a nice guy, then he wouldn't mind his huge secret. She really hoped that he wouldn't react like every other guy did. She hoped he wouldn't run or think of her as some sort of freak. Spencer turned over, so that now he was holding her. She also didnt want to see his face when she told him the truth.

"Toby," Spencer said, taking a deep breath. It would be better to just let him know right off the bat, instead of keeping it from him for a long time. Though she didn't want to think about a negative outcome, she decided to be reasonable. It was a bad habit of hers to always expect a happy ending. She had been disappointed too many times, and she wasn't going to let that happen again.

"Yeah?" he asked, sensing the worry in her voice. He couldn't bear to think of Spencer hurting. He knew this lovey-dovey stage would end eventually, but he wanted to enjoy it while it lasted. He held onto her a little bit tighter.

"That scar isn't from an appendix surgery," she confessed, feeling her heart start to race and her stomach clench in fear, "it's from a C-section."