What A Useless Partner.

"So where you off to Iris?" I asked Iris. We both had just finished are shifts,and as her bodyguard I need to know her coordinates 24/7.

"Home. Or I might drop by Eddie's. I'll go wherever the wind takes me." She chuckled,putting her hands into her coat pockets as it was cold.

"Well I'll see ya later then" her house and my apartment are in different directions. Here was where we would go our separate ways...till tomorrow.

"Bye Sammy" she waved goodbye and rushed home. I hate it when anyone calls me Sammy. It's such a childish nickname,that undermines my maturity. I continued to walk alone through the busy streets of Central City. The cold night air,brushed against my shoulders. Worst day not to where a coat,or at least a thick jumper. I was startled when my jacket pocket began to buzz. And by now I should really be ready for the 'meta human attack,get your ass over there' call. Let's get this over and done with.

"Hello. What's new meta human are we up against Cisco?" I questioned, as long as I don't get thrown against a wall like the last nut job,I'll be fine.

"We don't exactly know,we have a theory he can control electricity. But we haven't seen him in action so we don't know. Get over to the Petersburg substation. Barry's on his way there" I cut off the phone,not allowing Cisco or myself to say goodbye. I sprinted to my apartment,switched into my suit and got to the substation. The place was dimly lit, and was getting darker by the second. Almost as if the power was being drained somehow. When I arrived I was met with Allen looking around for are new meta.

"Found anything yet?" I said,startling Barry.

"Ssshhhhh,look" I looked round the corner to see a man. He looked to be draining the sub station of all of its power. The electricity was going straight for his hands,as if he was absorbing it."I'm pretty sure this is a restricted area." Such a hypocrite,telling me to shush when he's yelling at the meta. The meta acknowledged we were there and stopped draining the building of its power. He looked pretty mad. He had massive dark circles under his eyes,as if he hadn't slept in weeks. Well I guess all the energy was wearing him out? This really isn't a time to be funny. He turned to face us and shot a bolt of electricity at Barry. Thankfully due to his speed,he was able to dodge the energy.

"Easy there zappy" Stop antagonising him Barry! Your gonna get yourself killed,and probably me as well!

"I have to feed." Zappy said,in a low tone voice. He began to walk towards Barry, looking like he was gonna kill him right there on the spot.

"Barry run!" I predicted his next move would be to shoot at Barry once more,so the best thing to do was to alert him. He dashed away from the shot,but now it was time for me to be a moving target. He attempted to hit me with the electricity but I managed to rush away just in the nick of time.

The mans eyes began to change,the look on his face more aggressive than before. Barry ran,probably thinking he was gonna shoot towards him. But this guy was clever. He shot at where Barry was running to and Barry got trapped in his web. The stream of light coming from the man changed colour from blue to red. The same colour as Barry's lightning as he's running. He's draining him. With no thought for my own wellbeing, I pushed Allen out of the stream and he rushed away. I dashed to find him before zappy did but for once since I got my powers, I was late. My partner was once again stuck in the field of zappy. The mans stream now, was completely red. He was draining Barry of everything. But to me it looked like he couldn't take it all. His eyes widened,overwhelmed by how much power he was absorbing. Then his body couldn't take anymore. He fell to the floor,releasing Barry from his imprisonment . Barry fell on his knees and was bellowing in pain.

"Leave Zappy,we will get him another time. Right now let's get you to Star Labs." I told Barry. He nodded compliantly. I waited for him to begin running and we both made a shocking discovery.

"I can't" he aid over the intercom,to one of are colleagues at Star Labs.

"Can't what Barry?" I asked confused. I had my intercom off stupidly so I couldn't here the conversation.

"My speed...it's gone." He sulked."You are not super speeding us to Star Labs though, after the last time you had to take me to Star Labs,you dropped me eight time. Never again."He commented. Suit yourself,ungrateful boy.

"Your paying for the uber" I replied. I ain't wasting my money when I can run there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Barry ran on the treadmill,we were doing all sorts of tests to see if he could run like he used too. I looked on the monitor to see what speed he was going at. Wow he's slow for a normal person.

"He runs slow even for a normal person" Cisco pointed out. See he can read my mind.

"You can't just lose your powers,okay? Your DNA was transformed by the particle accelerator blast. There's no way to untransform DNA." Caitlin explained, as she looked at me to add on. No thanks love I'm ok,you continue.

"Yeah,tell that to the uber driver who charged me 65 bucks to take me here. I had to tell her that me and Sam were coming from a cosplay party." He added. The uber lady then thought it was her business to ask us if we were dating. Mind your own business lady.

"Well maybe you should have let me super speed you here. Maybe you wouldn't be 65 bucks out of pocket?!" I narrowed my eyes at Allen and in response he rolled his eyes.

"I would rather spend 65 bucks on a uber,then have a concussion due to you. Thank you very much" oh that sassy little. I'll stop there otherwise this could get very ugly.

"So we were wrong. This meta human doesn't electrocute people; he siphons electricity thereby removing your power." Wells moved his wheelchair towards the podium Barry was sitting on.

"All right,Do we think this is temporary or-" Barry breathed heavily after his 'tiresome' run on the treadmill. He was bloody running at 7 mph. How in the world can he be breathing that hard.

"We have to run tests." Dr Wells replied,looking unsure about what the outcome of zappy draining Barry powers would be.

"Yeah. I've gotta warn Joe" Barry walked towards the door but was stopped by Wells.

"Barry,we will find a way to restore your speed. I promise you that." Barry nodded, not looking very reassured by Wells.

"Sam. Can I talk to you?" Barry asked. Obviously as he was upset about his speed I nodded and followed him out the room." Do you think Wells can get me my speed back?"

"If I'll be honest with you Barry. He's the best chance you've got. I've known Wells for a long time and when he promises something,he will do it." I said smiling at him,reassuringly."Don't worry Flash. You will get your speed back"

"Thanks Bolt. And when I do get my speed back,I'll beat your ass in a race" He smiled,as we both walked out of Star Labs together.

"Not a chance Allen" I grinned at him."But for now Mr Barry Allen,you're are my useless partner" Are eye locked, and for once I didn't want to break the connection. Barry blinked and we both shaked are heads as we left Star Labs. When will we stop having these awkwardly cute moments?.