Still Have A Connection

"You need to hurry,Barry and Samantha's wounds are starting to heal with the fragments still under their skin" Dr Wells told Caitlin,as she,as carefully as she could,removed the shards from our bodies. The pain was excruciating,I just wanted to keep yelling till this was all over. Each piece was taken out,was another burst of agony.

"This is just like the time I stepped on a sea urchin" Cisco said. Barry and I,who were laying on beds in the cortex,looked towards Cisco with questionable faces. Cisco was holding a little tin,so when Caitlin pulled out the fragments,she had somewhere to put them. And judging by how many were still on my body and Barry's,we are going to be here for a while.

"Seriously?" I said pissed,narrowing my eyes as if I was going to yell again.

"Only much worse" he corrected himself.

"Just don't pee on me" Barry said,getting ready for another shard to be removed.

"Uh,you know that's a myth,right?" Cisco said,low toned and being serious. Barry released a quite chuckle,before yelling in pain from the piece being removed.

Caitlin pulled it out. Cisco grimaced as the blood filled shard came towards him,and into the tin.

"Your turn Sam" I braced myself for the pain that was to come,and closed my eyes,but quickly opened them when I yelled as the shard left the depths of my skin.

"I'm so stupid. Jason Rush,the hard student who was helping Professor Stein with his Firestorm research,he said that the army took all of Professor Steins material when he disappeared. I should have known it was General Eiling" Caitlin said,blaming herself for what had gone down at Jitters.

"Not your fault. He still thinks you hold the keys to the ultimate human weapon..both of you" Dr Wells said,looking towards Ronnie.

"Okay,lets just finish this Sam and I need to get to Steins house. Eliling's gonna be after him too." Barry exclaimed.

"Stein's fine." Ronnie blurted our,confidently.

"How do you know?" Cisco asked.

"He's right there" we all turned are heads,to see Stein standing in the entrance to the cortex.

"I don't think Mr Raymond and I are as distinctive as we had hoped."

Oh jeez.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm still inside Ronald" Professor Stein said. At the moment,he's hooked up to a machine to see the brain activity of himself,and Ronnie,who was sitting beside him. I'm now shard free,and everything is all healed up. The same goes for Bar as well.

"There has to be a better way to phrase that." Cisco said,cringing.

"You have one dirty mind Ciscito." I said,raising an eyebrow. We are not children. Yet,Barry, Cisco and I laughed. I guess we kinda are children.

"Beta,alpha,theta,delta..all your brain waves are perfectly in sync. The chances of that happening are next to impossible." Caitlin explained,while Stein and Ronnie gave confused looks to each other.

"Impossible just another Tuesday for us,remember?" Barry joked.

"Yeah,But this is like some twilight zone level stuff,and I say that knowing full well that we have a guy locked up in our basement who can turn himself into poison gas." Cisco argued.

"And someone who was able to drain areas of electricity and drain a certain Speedster of his speed,making him useless" I let my vision wander over to Barry,who just gave me a glare.

"Wait,really?" Ronnie asked,startled.

"Dude,That was like week 3 and like 5" Cisco said,acting as if it was a really long time ago.

"Look,if this Eiling is as dangerous as you say, then I need to warn Clarissa." Martin said,worried for his wife. Oh,old love. It's adorable.

"I promise,I can get Clarissa out of the city in time,but we need you to stay here. Professor, I need you to trust us." Barry pleaded.

"Very well." He walked off,bummed out. Cisco went to follow him,leaving Ronnie,Caitlin and Barry.

"Are you Okay?" Barry asked Ronnie,as he walked towards him.

"Yeah. Yeah,it's just not the Star Labs I knew." Ronnie said,taking off the brain wave scanner.

"Trust me,I felt the exact same when I woke up after 9 months in the particle accelerator" I said,reminiscing.

"Ronnie,this isn't the world that you knew." Barry said,not really helping Ronnie's feeling of displacement.

"Tell me about it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What a turn of events this day has been. Barry and I helped Ronnie and Caitlin move into Iris's old room,and then we find out Stein has been kidnapped.

Team Flash gathered in the cortex,to ask our,ironic,on,y witness what happened.

"He didn't hurt you?" Barry asked walking up to Wells,while the rest of us stayed behind the computers.

"Barry,I told you only my pride is hurt" Dr Wells said,trying to act as if he regretted what happened. I don't trust this,at all. "Unfortunately,I'm not in the position to take on armed soldiers."

"Where do you think Eiling took Professor Stein?" Caitlin questioned,with her hands on her hips.

"I imagine some off the books military research facility."

"We have to get him back" Barry said,with breath heroic ness.

"Easy. Eiling has already demonstrated he has the weapon army to disable the Flash and Bolt,or worse." Dr Wells said sarcastically.

"Well,we can't let him turn Stein into a weapon." Caitlin interjected.

"How do we find him?" Ronnie spoke.

Everyone one looked towards Ronnie,as we all were thinking the same things. Ronnie was the key. There bond is the key to everything.

And this bond,will help us save Professor Stein,from General Eiling. And maybe,make Stein and Ronnie like each other. But who knows.

But,what raises alarm bells to me,is why Wells,at the time didn't send out an emergency signal. With the tech on his wheelchair,he should have been able to,without any of the soldiers realising. This is why,his story isn't sticking with me.