Will There Still Be A Central City?

"You Okay?" Barry asked Cait,as she walked into the cortex after speaking to Martin.

"It's just..confusing" she answered,sadly. I'm guessing talking to Ronnie didn't happen. Cait is so strong though,first thinking she lost her fiancé,then finding out he's alive but merged with Dr Stein. This must be so tough on her.

"What isn't confusing is what's happening to him now. Ronnie's body is rejecting Steins atoms,like a host rejecting a parasite. The instability is causing an exothermic reaction,I worry if his teleported continues to rise,it will set off a chain reaction." Dr Wells,looked worriedly at the screen. This can only mean one thing,and I don't think any of us are going to want this to happen.

"Then what happens?" Barry folded his arms,and leaned on the glass behind him waiting for a response.

"He could go nuclear" Dr Wells answered bluntly. We just got Ronnie back,we can't lose him again.

1 hour later.

We all heard one of the doors creak to the cortex,and out came Cisco. For the past hour,we have all been discussing Firestorms condition, and if we will ever see our Ronnie or meet Martin Stein.

"That's no freaky at all." Cisco said,sarcastically as he shut the door behind him.

"It's seems Ronnie's fight with the flash has exasperated the firestorm matrix. It's unstable. Exponentially increasing the rate of fission in his body." Wells said as he left the tech portion of the cortex.

"How long does he have?" Caitlin followed behind Wells.

"If his temperate keeps rising at the current pace. No more than a couple of hours" Dr Wells turned his wheelchair to face the four of us.

"We can fix it. Right? You can separate them before it's to late." Barry said,with a lot of hope.

"We have to do something,we can't just let them die" i spoke out,standing side by side with Barry against the desk in the centre of the cortex.

"Any attempt we make to spectate the two of them,could be catastrophic. A nuclear explosion,and a nuclear explosion of this magnitude could level off this entire city. Unless" Dr Wells thought before he spoke. What could he possibly be thinking about that was worth second guessing? We need all the ideas we can get.

"Unless what?" Barry intervened,eager to find an answer.

"Unless the host body was no longer functional." Wells said,emotionless. Something with Wells since the accelerator going off,has changed. First killing Girder,then telling us he knew the accelerator could blow up,and now considering killing Ronnie. Something about him doesn't seem right,and I'm going to figure this out.

"You want to kill Ronnie?" Caitlin said shocked,tilting her head and narrowing her eyes.

"No i don't want to kill Ronnie,but in this scenario,Ronnie is the host body" Dr Wells defended,still no facial expressions to clarify what he was feeling. A dead expression.

"If you kill Ronnie,you kill Stein. That's two people." Cisco intervened,sounding angry at the idea of killing them.

"I don't know how else to stop it. And my guess is if Ronnie and professor Stein,knew the consequences that we were all facing,they would make the same decision. It's two lives for millions." Dr Wells argues his case. I'm guessing this is how he convince himself it was okay to blow up Star Labs,and release dark matter which created meta humans.

"Can you give us a minute?" Caitlin gestured to us all. We nodded and walked out the cortex,leaving Wells and Cait alone.

Cisco and I waited outside the cortex together,while Barry wondered off. When there conversation was over,Dr Wells came out and myself and Cisco decided to speak with him.