"S-sure."

Roni pov-

"Wait, what did you even say to him?" I exclaim, she smirks. "Okay Roni, you're all the way up here, when you should be down here." She says while using her hands as gestures. "You should be at church, but you don't see me commanding you!" I snap, she rolls her eyes.

"That honestly has nothing to do with this shit, you're just nervous because you're afraid of rejection. So, I'll let that verbal mistake of a joke slide, just this once." Joselyn tells me, I sigh loudly. "You never answered me, what did you tell him?" I ask again, she stopped texting to look up at me.

"Oh, that I had a hunch that you were crushing on him. I just reassured that I wasn't for sure, but I was willing to find out because Geroni was destined to work." She says, I breathe deeply.

"Wait, did you really just say Geroni?" I ask, chuckling lightly. "Yes, it's your ship name." She replies. "Yeah, if that ship was the fucking Titanic." I remark, she gasps.

"You have little faith in each other already. What a shame. Anyways, I'm opening this message now, if you need to panic, do so now." Joselyn says, picking her phone back off of the table.

I look away, like it was going to kill me, but she squeaks with giddiness. "What did it say now?" I say, almost snatching her phone out of her hand. "First of all, rude. Secondly, he said and I quote; 'I really hope she likes me. I've spent a lot of time alone, and she's the only one who doesn't make me feel that way.' Roni, that's just fricking adorable!" She yells towards the end.

I could even speak, my heart was racing and my mind was spinning. How could he like me back? I'm Veronica Langston, I literally have never been in a true relationship? I don't even know how he even finds me attractive, I'm a damn potato! Plus he's 4 years old than me, shouldn't be in club getting drunk with his buddies, and dancing with girls prettier than me?

"Are you even listening? Earth to Veronica." Jos snaps her fingers. "Listen, this is nonsense. It'll never work out, he's 2,000 miles away." I pout, she gives me a incredulous look.

"Well don't give up hope now! While you were daydreaming, I sent him a message explaining how he should keep trying to win you over because you suck at feelings, so maybe he'll persuade you." She explains, I close my eyes. "You did not." I state, knowing she really did. "You betcha." She says, she still had that dumb smirk.

"Also, I do not suck at feelings." I insisted, Jos laughs. "Yeah, okay. All I am saying is that you're not really good with trust. You have horrible trust issue, because you're afraid that he deserves better than you. It's not that you don't trust him, you don't trust what you're giving in the relationship." She assented. I gave her a look of shock, she chuckled.

"Sometimes you underestimate my ability to understand people. I'm not as harshly bitter and shut off as people think." She jabbed, I shake my head. "I don't underestimate you, I'm just so oblivious to the fact of how much we know each other so well." I say smiling, she shrugs. "What can we say, we're best friends." She commended.

—-

I walked into the commons of the school, automatically spotting Joselyn in her normal spot next to the trophy case. She was talking to Abby, but when I came by her she stopped talking. "Hey, what's up?"  She asked, I shrugged. "I just want to be back at home. In bed, curled up with my precious dog." I say, she laughs. "Join the dang club." Abby cuts in, I laugh tiredly.

"Sup bitches." Becca interjects, walking into the conversation out of nowhere. "Ignore her, she's extra wild today." Hanna says, rolling her eyes at her best friend. "It's called coffee, bitch. It makes me wild, especially since it's my 3rd cup." Becca says, our eyes widen. "It's only 7:45 in the morning!" Joselyn exclaims, Becca laughs. "I'm glad you guys learned to tell time." She remarks, I snort. "Listen little bi-" Joselyn starts off, but a cough interrupted her.