"Oh, wow, this happened sooner than I expected."

Jos POV-

My alarm clock blaring at 3 am woke me up abruptly, the warm body beside me startled me more. I was so used to sleeping alone that I totally forgot that Joe stayed with me until I fell asleep, but I guess he did too.

I turned off my alarm and peeled myself off of Joe without waking him up, he could stay there as long as he wanted.

I found myself accidentally staring at him, he looked so soft and cuddly, I wanted to just jump back in bed to lay by him. His curly hair was sprawled out on my pillow, it was honestly adorable.

I continue to quietly get ready, writing a small note of thanks and leaving it on my dresser for him to hopefully see.

——

Roni POV-

"If that bitch stole my black heels again, I'm gonna kill her," I mumble to myself as I make my way towards her room.

When I stormed through her door, I about shit myself when I saw Joe laying in her bed.

"Oh, wow, this happened sooner than I expected," I mumble to myself, he was still pretty knocked out, so I decided to investigate. I checked to see if he was wearing clothes, luckily he was. I looked around for any sign of explanation and I quickly found it on top of her dresser.

"Hey, sorry to leave suddenly, duty calls. Thanks for helping me fall asleep, can't wait to talk to you soon."

Awe, my little Joselyn is catching feelings, how cute.

I put the note back down and try to find the reason I really was in here, but it came out as a dud.

However, Joe's comfort had to end soon because we're supposed to be at work at the same time, so I know he's not up in time for that.

"Joe, wake up! It's time for work!" I acted like I re-entered the room. "Oh shit, I fell asleep here." He says after I called his name 3 more times.

He rolls off her bed and goes to the dresser to grab the note, a smile lights up his face and he slides it into his back pocket.

"I might possibly have some extra shirts that I've stolen from you guys in my room, and we keep extra toothbrushes in the third drawer. I'm gonna head out in a second, just lock up, please. You just have to turn the lock on the door from the inside." I smile before leaving him there, I find some different shoes and head out of the front door.

-

"You do understand that I will physically collapse when you set the date for LANY to leave, I know that's why you called me in here and I can't take it," I tell Randy the minute I walk through his office doors

"Well, I suggest sitting down then." He jokes and I frown. "The boys are starting their tour next Friday." He says and I literally felt my heart fall. "That's 8 days from now! The last time we talked it was a month or so out, this is so soon!" I start to pace and randy just watched me panic.

"I'm sorry that this is happening so soon, but they have to fly from the nest soon or they'll never get the chance." Randy soothes and I just drop my shoulders. "You're right, I just thought I'd have a little more time with them. I guess I should go break the news." I give him a sad smile before I head back to my studio.

"Why the long face, what's wrong?" Ryan was quick to jump up towards me, I bite my lip softly before sighing loudly.

"Paul, Les, and Jake, you guys are leaving next Friday." I started to get teary-eyed, but I saw all their excitement rush through them so I felt stupid for even getting emotional.

"Holy fuck guys, we finally made it. We're living our dream." The three of them jumped around and engulfed each other, the tears that welled up were gone as soon as I saw what this really meant to them. It wasn't about me, I'm still gonna be here and I'm more than proud of them, they're still my boys.

"Veronica, we can't thank you enough for helping us get this album done and for getting us this spot, we love you so much." Les kisses my cheek, then everyone in the room huddled in a circle as we jumped and hugged, there were so much love and support. This is why I love my job.

Joselyn POV (again)-

My work phone started ringing abruptly, the quiet hallway felt 10x with it. I quickly answer it to avoid accidentally waking up any older people who were taking naps.

"Hello?"
"Hey Jos, it's me."
"What's up Veronica, it sounds like you've been crying."
"Oh I have, but it's all happy tears now. LANY leaves next week for the tour, I was sad at first but their excitement made it all worth it. I just wanted to call to give you the good news because I know you love them just as much and I won't be up when you get home."
"I appreciate it, I am so happy for them. I'm glad they're getting to fly off from Iconic Records and do their thing."
"Oh, by the way, can you imagine my surprise when I see a curly-headed boy laying in your bed this morning? I was shook like hell."
"Can you imagine your surprise when I hang up."

I did just that with a roll of my eyes, it was all a joke and I knew she'd end up calling back in a minute's time.

"I'm supposed to be meeting with a Veronica from Iconic Records next week, what an ironic thing." A familiar voice startles me, I turn around to see Ross.

"Oh hey Ross, you're going there next week?" I ask and he nods quickly.

"Yeah, I joined a band and we're meeting with the owner and a lady named Veronica." He infers and I chuckled. "Lady, more like heathen or child." I joke and his eyes widen. "God, is she awful?" He asks and I shrug. "I mean she's the worst, she's my best friend so there has to be something wrong with her," I smirk and he looked so confused.

"Is she young enough to be your best friend?" He asks confused as hell and I try to keep myself from laughing in his face.

"She's 18, I'm 19, so yes." I laugh a little and his eyes widen again. "They said she's the sound engineer or something like that, and she's 18?" He looked so shocked. "Yeah, it's a long story but she's so talented, and I'm not even saying that as her best friend," I explain and he nods. "Wow, this is thrilling." He jokes and I feel my cell phone ringing in my pocket, had to be Roni.

"Well Ross, how's your grandma doing?" I ask and he smiles a little. We start walking to the hall that her room is located.

"She's getting better, I guess we're just lucky that I moved to Nashville at the same time this happened, there's no one else in town anymore. My uncle just moved down south, so I guess it was fate for me to move just as soon." He overshares but I still smile.

"That's good! Do you like Nashville though?" I ask and he nods. "So far so good, still trying to get used to the gas prices and horrible traffic." He jokes and I nod. "Aren't we all?" I rhetorically ask, he laughs a little.

"This is my stop, thanks for everything. Glad to see a familiar face again." He winks slightly and I smile, god he's cute. "No problem, I'll probably see you again soon, I'll try to put in a good word with my friend Veronica. Bye Ross." I wave and make my way back towards my hall.

My phone buzzes again and when I pull it out of my pocket, I'm surprised and happy to see it's Joe, but it was only a series of texts.

"Thanks for leaving the cute note this morning, wish I could've seen you today."
"When's your next day off?"
"Also, can I take you on a date?"
"Sorry, I should've asked in person."

I laughed a little because I knew he was probably panicking at the fact that he asked me out over text, he seems big into doing stuff more personally.

"Would love to go on a date, tomorrow night?" I text back quickly and it was seen automatically.

"Can't wait❤️"

Wow, I didn't know I could actually have feelings.