"You can't make this shit up!"

Roni pov-

I wake up to Joselyns alarm clock, she sits up quite easily. I, on the other hand, groaned so loudly that she hit me. "Shut up, you're going to wake my family." She whisper-yells. "It's fucking 6:40 in the morning, what do you want me to do? Wake up with ease?" I hiss.

"I wake up early because some of us don't live 10 minutes from the school, some of us live 30 minutes away." She snaps, I laugh. "Ah, this is why you always stay at my house instead. You actually get to sleep in." I say, she chuckles. "Yeah, there you go." She jokes, standing up from her bed. "I'm gonna sleep in for 15 more minutes, I'm just going to wear some of your sweatpants and a T-shirt. I don't want to try." I mumble, rolling over. "Sounds good." She says, stepping out of the room.

————-

We pull in to school at the same time, parking beside each other. "Hey bitch!" I yell, meeting her beside my car. She rolls her eyes, then locks her VW Bug. We make our way inside, going straight to our normal spot.

"Hey girl, how was your date last night?" Abby asks, Jos snorts. "It was, uh, awkward." I scratch my head, Jos laughs along. "That's hilarious! That's all you're gonna say? That it was awkward. Wow." She says, shaking her head, grin still on her face. "What do you mean?" Hanna asks, I put my head down. "I might of wished that he was a different guy. Not to his face, but mentally. So, I was just distant and weird the whole time." I explain, leaving out one essential part that I hadn't even told Jos; that I left him alone at the table.

"Well he's coming this way, I love confrontation." Christina says, rubbing her hands together.

"I can't do this." I whisper to Joselyn, she gives me a 'want me to get rid of him' look. I shake my head. "Hello ladies... Veronica." He says, giving me a death stare.

"Hey Matty." We all mumble, seeming awkward as hell. "Roni, can we talk for a second?" He asks, I look at the clock on the commons wall. "We're almost out of time." I say, he sighs.

"Okay, well then I'll make it short. I know that you haven't always thought of me as a companion. However, if you're going to leave me sitting at a table on valentines, at least tell me where the fuck you're going. I don't like being made a fool of." He snaps, all the girls look at me, I shell myself away.

"Woah! Calm down buddy. If you could just leave her alone, you're always pushing yourself on her, so maybe that's why! Just walk away Matty, leave her alone. I'm sure she's sorry, but you snapping at her is plain pathetic. Bye Matty." Joselyn jumps his case quickly, pulling my arm to drag me away.

"Girl, you know I will always defend you, no matter what. Just next time, try to give me a heads up on what the fuck about to happen." Joselyn whispers as we begin to walk to our 1st period.

"So I left him sitting at the table." I say quietly when we walked into our English class. "Really? I couldn't of picked that one up." She sasses, I chuckle. "Okay, he was a little angry. He'll get over it, right?" I ask, mostly to myself.

"Maybe. His ego is aching right now, but he'll live." She says, I snort. "I hope so." I whisper. "So why'd you leave him alone?" She asks, I sigh.

"I was at the restaurant, we had been talking for the most part. Then, I got George's message about you, which by the way was kind of funny. Then, he starts to just spill all of his feelings for me. Do you know how hard it is to sit in front of Matty and have someone you've crush on start to confess everything? Anyways, then I felt bad because I was on my phone reading all of these things. So, I excused myself to the restroom, having a mini panic attack, because wow my life was wild. Then, I made a split second decision to just yeet myself out of there. So, that's it." I completely rant, she chuckled. "Wild. You showed up at my house around 11:30, I'm sure you left around 8. What did you do in between?" She asks, I smile.