"There isn't anything coffee can't fix."

"Does your dad even know you dyed your hair pink again?" Jos asks as I turn off at an exit, I shrug my shoulders. "Probably not, I like to spice it up when it comes to freaking him out." I joke, hitting skip on the song.

The intro to Midnight Memories came over the radio, we both look at each other shortly before preparing for the beat drop.

"STRAIGHT OFF THE PLANE TO A NEW HOTEL," we both yelled,  she mimicked the air guitar in the passenger seat. We jammed to the song violently, like any older one direction song, it's a true talent.

"I don't like how quick we were to risk it all for them, like when we both became friends we weren't heavily into them like we were prior to meeting, but it was one common factor. Like, we both were ready to risk it all for them. That was a time." She quips and I laugh loudly, knowing it was totally true. We were ready to risk it all to be with them and any other hot band members.

"Now it's us with the boys at work, we've just decided they're our new niche." I add and she nods in agreement. "Talking about the boys, um I have a small confession." She pulls the sleeves of her shirt down, she always did that when nervous.

"What's up?" I ask and she sighs deeply.

"Joe asked me to be his girlfriend and I told him I'd think about it." She mumbles and I hardly caught it, but it took everything in me not to slam on my breaks. "Hold up, what?" I yelled because I was excited, but the look on her face was questionable of happiness.

"Yeah, but I don't know what to say."

"Say yes!"

"I don't know if I want to do that either."

I choked on the salvia in my mouth, why wouldn't she?

"What? Why?" I asked quickly and she shrugged.

"How close are they to being done with album?" She asks randomly, I raise my eyebrows slightly. "They need a couple more songs." I admit and she nods.

It was quiet for a second before I finally came to the realization of her question.

"You're afraid that they're going to be leaving soon, aren't you? That's why you haven't said yes?"

I watched her face contort slightly, it was the truth.

"I don't want to be in a long distance relationship. I can support a friend endlessly if they were to go on tour, but a boyfriend? Yeah I'd support them, but I'm needy. I'm a needy girlfriend and I don't know how I'm supposed to be alone like that while falling for someone."

"But it's Joe, he'd be such a good boyfriend!" I exclaim loudly, turning the radio down slightly.

"I know, he's really the best guy I know, but he's going to be so preoccupied with being on tour. He could find someone else in some place like Paris and I'd be stuck in good ole Nashville with depression."

"You've got a good point, have you talked to him about any of this?"

"I haven't, I'm afraid of hurting him. Plus, I only told him I'd think about it."

"Well, you should talk it out with him, he deserves closure and truth. Don't drag him along." I scold and she gasps.

"I would never drag him along, he's still my friend!" She slaps my arm, I groan slightly.

"I'm sorry, I know. I'm just protective over my boys."

"And you're not protective over me? I could be the reason for their next big hit, so fuck off." She laughs and I glare.

"Of course I'm protective over you too, but I hate to say it, you can be harsh. Not heartless, but harsh. You recover quickly, you're tough. He's a man." I say, she laughs lightly.

"I'll give you that, seriously I don't want to hurt him though. I don't know what I'll say to him. I'll think over it for the next few days we're home." She replies, turning the music back up slightly.

"How do you think your parents will react to the career change?" I ask, turning off at an exit.

"I'm sure they'll be fine. They're not helping me pay for school anyways, what can they say?" She jokes, I could still hear the nerves behind her laugh.

"If things get too crazy there, you can always come stay with my family. You know they'd much rather see you instead." I smile softly, she chuckles. "I'll keep it in mind, thank you.

—-

"Okay, I'll pick you up in 4 days, if you need to be saved by then, call me." I joke, helping Jos get her bags out of the car.

"How about we go to our old coffee shop in 2 days, to save us both mentally. I'm sure we'll need it." She suggests and I nod.

"There isn't anything coffee can't fix ."