"It's pink, Lava Girl, it's pink."

Jos POV

"So I'm meeting with someone named Ross next week? And I don't even know about it?" Roni asks and I run lipgloss over my bottom lip.

"He said that he had a meeting with you and the owner, he thought you were some 40-year-old woman. He was surprised when I said you were 18, but boss moves, ya know?" I joke and look at her in my mirror.

"Five bucks, Randy will tell me I'm meeting with him on the day of our meeting." She huffs with a small laugh, I shrug lightly.

"He seems like a really nice guy, funny and cool. Said he joined a band recently so maybe he's good enough to work with you." I wink and she rolls her eyes. "I'm not the best, but I'm trying. Stop boosting my ego because I will cry with too many compliments."

"Should I wear this black cami under a white shirt with those light-washed jeans or this pink shirt with those black jeans?" I ask while pointing out the two that were hung on my closet door.

"That pink shirt makes your tits pop so that one, but I think you should wear your other black jeans that are a little more distressed. The ones you wore to that bar last week." She explained and I went inside my closet to fish out the jeans.

I slip on the outfit and she whistles loudly. "My God, you look extravagant. Damn girl." She hollered, I jokingly spun in circles and sent air kisses toward her. "Yes, I love my fans, thank you." I curtsied.

"Is it too much for going out with Joe, like what if he's just wearing a shirt and jeans, and I'm out here looking like this?" I ask while examining myself in the mirror.

"I don't think it's too much, maybe just lose the bulky necklace and put on like a skinnier one, you can always pull your hair into a pony if you feel like it." She advises and I nod, pulling the necklace off and picking on the one with a tiny heart on it.

"I think I'm gonna my hair when you get back, I think I'm having a crisis, wanna help?" Roni quickly changed gears and I turn around abruptly. "You're kidding, right? We did this all of high school, your hair is thriving finally, please rethink this... unless you wanna go with like purple again because I'm down." I add and her eyes widen, she runs away and quickly comes back with a box.

"That's what I got! Purple!" She laughs loudly and I facepalm. "I'll help you dye your hair as long-," our conversation was stopped by a knocking at the front door. "Oh no, I'm nervous." I panicked and she just brushed past me.

"Joe!" She yells and I hear him make a 'hmph' sound, so I can only imagine she squashed him with a hug. "She's finishing up, but it shouldn't be but a minute." She told him and he chuckles. "That's fine."

I picked up the black shoes I stole from Roni, then I counted to 35 before walking out of my room. "Oh wow, you look amazing." Joe states and I scrunch up in awkwardness.

"Wait, bitch are those my shoes? I mean you look hot but bitch!" She whines as I blow her a kiss before pulling Joe out of the door.

——

"You broke someone's arm in basketball when you were 10, what?" He belly-laughed loud and everyone looked at us, I was trying so hard not to burst out laughing too.

"See, I never meant to but she broke my fingers, so I was like okay bitch, game on. I went to block her with a little bit of force and she fell with her wrists in a weird position. I felt awful but the game goes on." I snort a little and he shakes his head, little tears peaking out of his eyes from laughing.

"You just went on as nothing happened?" He asks and I shrug. "See, I still feel bad but we were 10 and it was a girl from a different elementary school, I don't even remember her name or face." I further explain and he makes laughs a little.