"This is it. We did it."

Graduation Day

Joselyn pov-

I felt my hands start to sweat, honestly I wasn't sad about leaving this place behind. "You okay?" Roni asks and I nod. "I'm fine, it's just nerve wracking. I'm good." I reassure, it was the truth. I was just scared of the life I would be leaving off to in a few days. "Just think about it this way, this is the last day we ever have to walk in this building." She tells me, fixing my cap a little.

"This is true, but what if I do no good in Nashville?" I ask and she gasped. "That's a lie! You've already got an interview lined up when we move there, you've been accepted into Belmont, and you are graduating with your CNA. You're doing amazing." She smiles, I give her a hug.

We sit like that for a minute. "I just want to say thank you for always being my best friend throughout high school. You're my best friend and I love you to death. Like you're amazing and you're going to do so many things when we're in Nashville. Like, I'm so proud of you, you're my biggest fan and I am yours. Let's just hope living together doesn't ruin this." I whisper while we hug, she pulls me back with misty eyes.

"I love you oh my gosh, I'm crying in the club." She wipes her eyes. "Promise me that things won't change because I don't think I can do this life without you." I mumble, she nods. "I promise that we will forever for best friends, no boys or job will stop that." She assures, we hug once more.

"Okay, everyone line up with your shoulder partner. This is it guys!" Some random teacher yells, I give Roni one last look before I scurry to get in the right order.

—-

"Veronica Jane Mason." Our principal calls her name, she shakes their hands and hands her the diploma. I hear her parents yelling loudly, mostly her dad, but I join in by clapping loudly.

Our row is directed to stand up, I feel my heart start to beat faster. Everyone was passing in front of me, I felt as though I could vomit. "Joselyn Emilie Norman." He calls, I walk across the stage and get my diploma and hand shake. I hear whistles from my family and Roni yell "that's my best friend!"

I sit back down and examine the piece of paper I have been waiting for the past 4 years. Holy shit, this is it. This paper was like a trophy now. "Cool how we now have a piece of paper to tell us we finally accomplished something the government wanted." The guy says beside me, flipping his open. "True that." I murmur.

—-

"Please stand." The superintendent says, we all shuffle out our chairs. She gives some long speech about how great this opportunity is and how many amazing things will unfold.

"Now, move your tassels to the left." She demands, we all do it and a lot of smiles break out on our faces. "I, Paige Sanders, now declare you graduates of the class of 2018." She smiles warmly, we all toss our caps into the air like a movie.

——-

"My parents are going out to eat, your family can come if they want." I tell Roni, she looks back to them and they nod. "Okay, meet you there. Wait, we drove together. They will meet us there." She says, locking our arms as we get to her car.

"Here's a toast to our very beautiful and talented graduates." Roni's mom says, we all lift our soda glasses. "Thank you, thank you." We both say, sipping the drink.

"So, you guys leave us in 2 days, how does that feel?" My mom asks, I shrug. "I'm a little scared to be on our own, but I know we're going to be doing great things for ourselves." I say, Roni nods. "Agreed, I'm ready to make a move in my life." Roni tells us, hell yes.

"So, are you going to be getting any boyfriends out in Nashville?" Roni's dad teases. "I'm a strong independent woman, I don't have time for a man." I sip my drink dramatically, they all burst out in laughter.

"All I'm saying is that if a band member wants to become my boyfriend, I ain't stopping it." Roni says, throwing her hands up in defense. "Ah, what a Veronica thing to say." My mom jokes, sighing gently.

"I'm very proud of you two and the friendship you two have strengthened over the years. I'm glad you're both this good and I'm glad I gained another daughter from it. Who else would keep her up at night?" My dad says, her parents nod too.

"I agree, we have gained an amazing daughter too." Her mom says, Roni and I smile at each other. "I'm glad I've known your family and grown with her." I smile, Roni leans her head on my shoulder. "I agree. The gaining of another amazing family and best friend is all I can ask for. Thank you guys for everything throughout the years. Here's to you guys." Roni cheers, we all lift our drinks again.

"Well your joined party is set up for tomorrow and invitations were sent out a while ago, so that will be your last party over here in Eastern Tennessee." My mom says sadly. "That's okay, we're only 3 hours away." Roni reassures her.

"I'm ready for the party." I say, they nod.

—-

"Your speech is first." Roni pokes my side, I give her an incredulous look. "Me?" I whisper-shout. "Yep." She says and pushes me forward. I clear my throat obnoxiously to get their attention. All of their eyes landed on me.

"Hi, I want to thank everyone who came out to celebrate this party with us. I know that high school was definitely something that I will learn from, like how y=mx+b will help me file taxes," I joke, they all laugh, "anyways, thank you for everything over the years. I appreciate it from the bottom of my tiny heart and I wish only the best for us two." I tell them, they clap afterwards.

"Yes, I agree. You guys have raised us both or inspired us somehow, so thank you for coming out to support us today. We appreciate your gifts and words of encouragement. Thank you." She says and they applaud again. We turn our heads to our parents.

"I'll go first for my husband and I." My mom steps forward. "Joselyn, we are so proud of you. You've pushed through every year and exceeded any of our expectations. You were always a quiet little girl, so shy and timid. You've grown so much and became the independent woman I knew you would be. You're going to do amazing on your own in Nashville. We're proud of you." My mom croaks, tears threatening to spill. I walk over to her and embrace her in a hug.

"Roni, you've always been my adventurous little girl, never afraid of having a good time. You've got to make a statement in whatever you do and I love that the most. You're fulfilling the dreams I heard you and Jos stay up talking about. We're so proud of what you've done already and where you're going. Nothing you could do would ever disappoint." Her mom tears up a little, she hugs her too.

"If you do get a band member, remember to send a check home." Her dad chimes in, kissing her cheek. Everyone laughs a little and then applauds once more. "Let them eat cake!" I yell. They all begin the line to the cake table.

"This is it. We did it." I say, Roni nods. "We did it." She repeats, hugging me tightly.

SHORT CHAPter AND A LIL DUMB SORRY. HOPE YOU ENJOY THE ERRORS.