Part 2

"Is... that really you? I thought you'd never come back to Riverdale." I said, my hands shaking.

         "Yeah, well I really didn't have much of a choice Betty." He stated, the anger thick in his voice.

         "Do you want to talk about it? There's a diner called pops maybe we can meet there-"

         "That's enough Betty. I'd rather not talk to you about my personal life." His words left me in shock, Unable to grasp words.

Embarrassment crept its way into my soul. Why was he acting this way? We were once best friends, but that was years ago. People change.

Ms. McArthy started today's lesson until she acknowledged Stiles presence.

"Mieczyslaw! You've made it." I smirked at how she completely butchered his name.

"Um... I actually prefer to go by the name Stiles if that's okay?" He sounded annoyed, as if it had happened all to many times.

"Well then Stiles, it's a pleasure to have you in our class. Feel free to ask questions, I'm sure Betty beside you over there won't mind giving you a hand." He looked down at his bag. Completely ignoring Ms. McArthy.

The buzzing filled the air indicating first period was over. Stiles was about to rush out but I stopped him before he could.

"Stiles! I... I wanted to talk... are you free at lunch?"

"Goodbye Betty." He said eyeing me and leaving the classroom. Why was he acting like this? From what I can remember we didn't leave things on bad terms. There had to have been something else going on with him.

Frankly, I didn't care enough to find out.

Or did I?

I hustled as fast as I could to gym class, changing quickly out of my pink blouse and throwing on my white and yellow baseball tee. I rushed into the gymnasium, sighing in relief that I wasn't late.

I saw Veronica from the distance waving for me to come sit beside her. Mr Blair our gym teacher began to explain today's plan.

"Today class, we will be playing Lacrosse, one of my favourite sports!" He cheered and so did the boys around him.

I turned my head to see Archie and Reggie talking, well...Archie was taking and Reggie was laughing uncontrollably, when suddenly Stiles walked in. His brown eyes adverted on me as I felt uneasy in my stomach.

Something began to flutter in the depths of me.

How could I feel this way about Stiles. I once practically called him my brother. I turned around and shook my head in disgust, but I couldn't keep the butterflies away.

Stiles used to be picked on for his appearance but here he was centre of all the girls attention.

Centre of my attention.

He definitely changed. He lost the buzz cut, his cheeks became more chiseled and his eyes were dark and intense.

"Who's the new guy?" Veronica asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"His name is Stiles." I replied eyes on the floor.

"Betty Cooper, did something happen between you two in first period. Oh my god this is great."

"Veronica, what?!" I hollered.

"I know a history when I see one. So tell me, what's his deal?"

"Fine. We used to be best friends back in 7th grade. Sadly, his mom passed the same year, but I was with him through all of it. I even let him sleepover days his father had too much to drink. He got bullied and I supported him being his only friend, and now he's treating me like shit. Like he doesn't even remember everything we went through."

"Betty, woah. I just meant why he's here?"

"Oh." I stated feeling awkward as ever.
"He moved here from beacon hills but I'm not entirely sure why."

"Sounds like you two need to talk then." She suggested.

"I already tried. If he wants to talk he'll come to me. I gave it a shot." I replied back feeling more sad then I was before.

"Alright class lets get going. We've got some Lacrosse to play!" Yelled Mr. Blair.

Our entire class walked out to the field, some helped with the equipment and others stretching before the practicing began.

"Why don't you ask to be his partner conveniently in front of the teacher." She smirked hinting an idea that I was now aware of.
"Okay, I'll give it one more try." I stated walking over to him.

"Stiles. Would you like to be my partner for practice?" I asked. First he eyed Mr Blair, then his eyes landed on me, making my heart beat faster.

"Okay." He replied sighing.

(Creds to owner^^- I got it off google)