Part 36

Going to be finishing this story soon, I'll try and start making the chapters longer. (Probably try for around 6-7 more parts depending on how much I'm feeling)

Tbh you might cringe at this chap, sorry in advance

Stiles POV

It was the day of the dance. Our exams were finally over and it was time to celebrate our hard work and enjoy the ending of the year. Next year we would be seniors, one more year walking these halls.

I couldn't say that I would miss it, because I wouldn't. I felt that the world was more than just education. I mean we spend like 13+ years just to get a job and work for the rest of our lives.

Of course I wanted a career, I just wanted a purpose for that career. My dad.

Education is important, but so is the understanding of why it's important.

Besides all of that, today I would take Betty to the dance.

I was beyond excited, everyone knew that my heart belonged to Betty Cooper, it always would.

She was my purpose for happiness. She filled the void inside me, she stitched my broken heart back together.

She did it by believing in me, always.

I'm forever thankful for Betty Cooper. I like to think of her as my anchor. Even though I'm not a wolf, she's managed to impact me greatly.

She's showed me that there are still good people in this world. That there is a chance for love in the darkest, vilest times of life.

I had a dark blue suit on, my tie matched the colour of my coat and I had a black dress shirt on underneath. Black dress shoes that were slim and almond shaped.

I rented a car for today. I know what you're thinking. Stiles it's just a dance? But I wanted to make it special. My Jeep was my Jeep but today I wanted things to be different.

I ran up to the stairs and rang her doorbell.

"Alice, hey!" I called as she dragged me in for a hug.

"You smell amazing, and you look very handsome. Your father would be so happy."

"Thank you, Ms Cooper."

Betty walked down the stairs looking more magical than ever.

She took the two hair strands from the front and pinned them at the back, she had curled the ends. Dressed in a fluffy white dress with a blue belt around her waist, the belt matched my suit.

She came and hugged me.

"Wow, you smell good." She laughed.

"You look...stunning."

She gave me the biggest smile.

"I want pictures!" Alice called.

After taking a few pictures Alice allowed us to leave.

"You rented a car? Stiles I was totally okay taking the Jeep, you didn't need to do this."

"You're worth it, Betty Cooper."

She gave me the same smile that she gave me earlier. I opened the car door for her.

"I knew I smelt you guys back there." She  giggled when she noticed that Blake, Kevin, Veronica and Scott were sitting at the back.

I began driving.

"Hey where's Jane?" Betty asked sitting in the passenger seat, shifting her head to look back at Blake.