Part 26

"I'm glad you're my friend Betty, I never really had a girl who wanted to just be friends with me... so it's nice." He smiled back.

       "Anytime, you're a really nice person, people would be crazy not to want to be friends with you. Either way, you have me as a friend and I think that's pretty valuable."

We both laughed.

The bell rung and it was time for classes. After 2 long dreadful classes it was finally lunch. Right now it was only me and Veronica eating together. Archie had started eating with Reggie and his friends and Kevin was always with his new boyfriend.

        "Hey Ronnie." I said sitting down across from her.

She just smiled.

"Listen I have to go take care of something, Are you going to be okay here on your own?"

        "I'll be okay Betty, thanks for checking in." She grinned.

I walked around the halls looking for Stiles. I found him sitting in a classroom writing something down.

I slowly walked in.

       "Hi Stiles... what are you doing?" I asked.

       "I was falling behind so I decided I'd study for the quiz maybe help boost my grade a little bit. Maybe you can help me?" He smirked.

I approached him and took the seat beside him examining all of his work.

        "You're doing everything right, you just aren't applying the formula in the right order. This one goes first, then this one comes after." I explained.

He quickly grabbed his pencil and began writing.

"Exactly correct. You're really smart Stiles, you just have to focus better." I told him.

         "How do I focus when all I can think about is you."

        "Stiles-" I began but he cut me off.

        "No I'm serious... every single day, every single class, when I wake up, when I fall asleep. It's you Betty."

I sighed deeply.

        "I think about you too."

        "Why were you looking for me?" He asked after a moment, grinning.

        "I wanted to talk to you...about what happened yesterday."

        "Sure we can talk about it...just come over today after school. I have to catch Scott but I'll see you then?"

        "Sure." I replied as he ran off.

He was totally avoiding the situation.

After the long torturous day I walked over to his house.

Slowly knocking around 3 times.

He opened the door.

"Good you're here." He said, ushering me to come inside.

He started to climb the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Um...upstairs...to my bedroom."

And he continued to go up the stairs and I followed nervously. I slowly stepped into his room.

"You can close the door behind you." He stated.

I nervously turned around and closed the door, my mind so confused as to what he was doing.

        "Where's your dad?" I asked.