Part 8

Betty POV

I heard the voices of Stiles and Scott in the student lounge when I had made my way over to visit Jughead.

I was furious at the way Jughead had just spoken to them, he was never the jealous type so I didn't know where he was coming from. Maybe he was intimidated.

"You guys looking for me?" I asked leading through the door.

          "Betty, if it's okay with you... I need to talk." Stiles continued

I stared at Jughead coldly.

          "Well? Are you going to excuse us?" I said my stare still plastered on him. It was rude but he deserved it.

Jughead angrily walked across the lounge and kissed me before he left. Was he trying to prove that I was his? Was he jealous?

The kiss felt uncomfortable, just like a warm feeling on my lips. It didn't feel affectionate nor did it mean anything to me. Same with the one yesterday. Had I lost all feelings for Jug? Was it fair to him that I didn't feel the same way back anymore? Shaking those thoughts I looked at Scott and Stiles.

          "Sorry guys, he isn't usually like that."

          "No need to apologize for someone else's actions right?" Stiles winked. I wondered what he meant by that. "Betty we need your help with something."

          "Shoot away," I insisted.

          "We need sleeping pills," began Scott. "We think that's what's gonna help Stiles, if he sleeps he'll be cured."

          "What about the nightmares Stiles?"

          "I can handle those, what I can't handle is the anxiety." He replied.

          "Stiles... Maybe you should talk to someone?"

          "You mean like a shrink? No way. I agree with Scott I need to sleep."

          "Maybe you should see a doctor... at an institution?" I suggested but I knew it wasn't right to say.

He looked at me, now I could see the same rage in his eyes from the day on the field with Reggie.

          "You think I'm crazy." He whispered softly.

          "Stiles I-"

          "You think I'm crazy!" He yelled loudly.

           "Stiles, calm down." Scott said grabbing his shoulder.

He turned around to leave but before doing so he turned around and looked at me.

          "Betty Cooper, you are full of shit."

And just like that he exited and didn't turn back around.

I didn't want to offend him, it's just the way he looked, the dark bags under his eyes, the yellow undertone in his skin, he didn't look right.

•••

Scott POV

After seeing Stiles almost collapse yesterday I couldn't help but agree with Betty. He looked different today, like he was sick or out of it. I didn't want to force anything upon him so I stayed quiet hoping he would come to his senses.

After following him around the halls of Riverdale High he stopped and sat down at one of the chairs.

"Stiles are you okay?"

He looked at me, then a tear escaped his eyes.

"She's right." He stopped. "She's right and that scares me."

          "Stiles we can figure this out, we always figure it out."

          "I have to apologize to Betty." He requested.

          "Okay, we see Betty and then we get you help, Stiles you're stronger then you look, you can get through this."

He smiled at me with a dull ache in his eyes. Something about him seemed so different, a part of him I had never seen.

When he had finally apologized to Betty and things were smooth between them we decided to talk to Stiles dad about what was going on.

After a long day with the two I finally came home and began munching on the dinner my mom had cooked.

          "Mom I have to ask you a question."

          "Yes Scott?"

          "If I tell you the symptoms of something will you be able to name some conditions that might go along with it?" My mom worked at a hospital so I assumed she would be familiar with all this.

          "Hmmm maybe.... Scott you're a werewolf I thought you guys like... you know..."

          "It's not for me, it's for Stiles."

          "Okay... go ahead."

          "Unable to sleep, nightmares when you do, uh... fear of losing control, anxiety, panic attacks. Changes in physical appearance, loss of appetite. I think that's all."

          "Oh my god... Is he okay? Scott, I think the best course of action would be to bring him in for an examination, that sounds very serious."

She looked frightened and I'm sure I did too.

I nodded slightly, making sure she knew I heard her.

We would talk more about it the next day. I went up to my room an laid down, instantly falling asleep.

When I woke up in the morning, after getting ready, Stiles had completely forgot to pick me up, so I had my mom drive me before work. 

When I saw Stiles at school he had a weird look in his eyes. His lips white and his skin paler then it was yesterday. Deep black bullet hole sockets where his eyes should be. His stare sharp like a knife. Betty came and stood beside me.

          "He looks like he has completely lost it."

And it was true, for the first time ever, I was afraid for Stiles and his mental health.