Part 22

I think most of y'all will be happy with this chap!!!

2 chaps because I won't be able to update until Thursday or Friday, enjoy loves ❤️

Betty POV

Finally school was over, the first day wasn't bad at all. 

People came up to me, asked me if I was okay, hugged me, told me rumours.

But, the entire day only one thought surfaced my mind. Stiles.

He was a mess, broken, I realized that maybe I was the one doing this to him. It made me feel terrible, I always thought he deserved it but my heart ached for him.

He means everything to me and I can't hate him, no matter how hard I try.

I knocked on his door slowly.

He opened it, completely hungover, messy hair and I could see it in his dark sunken eyes.

They widened when he saw me, flinching immediately at the bright sun.

        "Betty." He said in shock. "Come in."

        "Only because you're hungover and the suns killing you." I replied dryly.

I sat down on the brown leather sofa, he took his seat on the other one, wincing as he grabbed his head.

       "It feels awful." He laughed, trying to lighten the mood. "But... I deserve it."

       "My mom told me, you were there for me at the hospital, begging me to wake up and telling me life was worth it."

He looked down.

        "What else did she say?" He questioned, a little nervous.

        "Nothing, why did you say something else that night."

        "I did... but I don't think you want to hear that right now."

        "I see what you're doing to yourself Stiles. I can see it."

He pressed his palms into his eyes, resting his elbows on his knees.

"Please don't blame yourself for what happened to me."

He immediately looked up.

       "Why shouldn't I?" He asked, sadness radiating off of him.

       "Because shit happens. It's over now, I'm better. So you can stop blaming yourself."

       "I just wanted to protect you...from everything. I realize now that, maybe I was doing more harm by not telling you the truth."

       "I wish you had told me. Why didn't you trust me?"

       "I was trying to keep you safe, out of all this." He sighed.

       "Yeah? Well how did that work out for you?" I asked coldly.

       "A while ago, Scott had this girl he was in love with. She found out, she wanted to help us fight everything we came across. She was strong and badass, just like you. Then... she got stabbed...died in the arms of Scott. You can't blame me for not wanting to tell you Betty, I did what I thought would keep you safe."