Part 16

Stiles POV (continued)

After waiting for about and hour and no call back from Betty I decided to call Ms Cooper again.

         "Hi Ms Cooper, any intel on Betty?" I asked calmly.

         "Yeah she just told me she's with Alex, her cousin. She wants to spend the weekend there, and I think it's best. There was a another animal attack yesterday but it didn't get published because she survived."

         "Do you know who it was?" I questioned curiously hoping to get some information.

        "A young girl, 16 years old she goes to Riverdale high, don't know her name but she was admitted into the hospital. Anyways Stiles, you should get some sleep, Betty's okay I was just on the phone with Alex."

         "Ms Cooper, before I go, I wanted to know what Alex looks like."

         "Um... okay. He's got dark brown hair, brown eyes-"

         "That's all." I interrupted immediately turning the call off realizing that it wasn't Alex Betty had left with.

I checked the time on my phone it was 10:02. I drove to the Riverdale Hospital and made my way inside.

From a distance I saw Melissa.

"Stiles are you okay? What are you doing here." She asked motherly.

"I need your help with something. A girl came in today, said she has animal bites, 16 years." I explained.

"Room 318, but don't let anyone see you." She sighed.

As I walked to the elevator someone called my name.

It was Scott.

"Look, I'm sorry I left, if you believe something else is going on then I trust you. Tell me what's going on."

I showed him my phone.

"I got this text from Betty. She says she left with her cousin Alex at the Library but that's not true, Alex is a dark brunette with brown eyes. The librarian told us he was a soft brunette almost blonde with blue eyes."

At this point Scott looked horrified.

"I followed your Jeep here, what does this have anything to do with the hospital."

"Another animal attack. To a 16 year old female. These attacks, they're all to young girls. I'm betting that he didn't want her to survive but she did. I want to know more." I explained.

He nodded and then we got in the elevator and proceeded to the third floor.

Once we arrived we searched for room 318. When we found it there was no one inside except for the girl, she was laying down on the bed eyes closed.

We opened the doors and her eyes flashed open.

         "I'm not allowed visitors." She whispered.

         "We know. We're Stiles and Scott."

         "I know who you are, you're both in my Calculus class." She explained.

Then I recognized her, her green eyes and blonde hair that I used to think was so similar to Betty's. I mistakingly once called her Betty because they looked so similar.

         "Rose, right?" I asked smiling of the memory.

          "Yes." She whispered again lightly. "What are you guys doing here?"

          "So you got attacked by a wolf?" I asked. "How did it happen?"

She got up, resting on her back, biting her bottom lip to reduce the pain.

         "I was going for a run after I broke up with my boyfriend. I always did it when I needed to clear my mind. I saw this boy in the woods, it distracted me. The next thing I knew I was on the ground bleeding out from a bite, I called the ambulance myself, I had a phone in my pack." She described. "Why are you so curious anyway? It was just an animal attack, they happen all the time in other places."

         "We don't care about the animal, we care about the boy. Tell me, what did he look like." I demanded.

          "A please and thank you would be nice, sheesh. Um, let me see. Blondish hair, blue eyes? That's all I could see before..." she stopped.

"Are you okay Stiles?" She asked

I quickly turned around, fighting tears.

         "Yeah, thank you Rose. That's all we need to know."

I immediately ran out of the room, panicking and losing breath. Scott running after.

         "Stiles breathe it's okay we're going to find her."

I fell to the ground, my breathing rapid.

"Panicking isn't going to help us find her, you need to be strong."

Something in me clicked. He was right.

My breathing slowed down and I got up.

         "Let's go find her."

We ran to Betty's car in the Library Parking lot. The time now 11:13.

The door was unlocked and in the drivers seat there was a paper.

         "What does it say?" Asked Scott.

I read the letter in my head first.

Dear Stiles,

I figure you've had a chat with the girl. It was never my intention to hurt her but I knew I had to, to get your attention. The sisters however,  I needed to kill. I had to feel what it was like again, to feel that power. People can be so vulnerable sometimes, they seek comfort in the mildest of situations. Rose is a good person, she's like Betty isn't she? All beautiful and shining. Her lips soft and rosy pink. She's almost as beautiful as our own little princess.

I held the paper tighter rage fabricated on my face, Scott waiting patiently.

She knows nothing, but I know much. In time the Cooper girl will know everything, every dirty little secret you've kept, she'll know it and she'll hate you for it. For now she stays with me until you can find us. Go ahead show this to everyone, I want you to find me, because when you do I'm going to turn her, right in front of you. Then I'm going to dig my hand through her chest and disengage her heart from her divine life full body. And you'll be watching Stilinski, I'll make sure of it.

You'll know who I am soon, better get started on looking, that is if you think you can save the girl.
xx

I gave the paper to Scott and waited for him to read it.