10- friends dont kiss

Maya's POV

I happily munch on some pasta while flicking through Netflix enjoying a lazy Sunday at home. I'd already tidied this morning so I was feeling pretty accomplished. I'd had a bath and put on a face mask and now trying to find something good to watch, days like this were my absolute favourite.

I hear a knock at my door but I don't bother to get up because I know for a fact it's Kyra and she's already making her way in.

"I thought we were friends" She pouts storming over to the couch and sitting beside me.

I take a deep sigh and place my now empty bowl down on the table before pulling myself up and sitting up more in her direction ready to hear whatever crazy story she was about to tell me. Sometimes having a best friend who does theatre had its downfalls.

"What is it this time?" I ask.

"Like you don't already know" She smiles smugly.

"I'm lost" I reply shrugging for emphasis.

"Mitchel" She says bluntly.

"My name is Maya" I reply "I know they both start with an M but it's not that confusing"

"You know what I mean" She replies.

"Do I?" I reply.

I was honestly lost on where she was going with this. Kyra knew we were good friends now and that Mitchel was getting strangely excited for the baby which we had made clear she was to not tell anyone about.

"When did you guys become a thing?" She asks playfully hitting my arm.

"A thing?" I repeat "We are not a thing"

"So all of my twitter is lying?" She replies.

"Kyra I know you love a mystery but I'm going to need you to break this one down for me" I reply.

She lets out a groan and pulls out her phone silently scrolling until a small smile appears on her face having obviously found what she was looking for. She turns it round and sure enough there was a picture; one in which Mitchel was gently holding my side and placing a kiss on my head. It must have been taken last night from someone in the crowd of when we were at the side stage, just before he went on. I had to admit, it looked pretty convincing; I had a smile on my face and our bodies were very close but it was just a friendly thing.

"That's nothing" I reply sitting back in the chair.

"Nothing?" She says wide eyed "That's Nothing?"

I nod my head in response. I knew this wasn't going to help my case at all seeing as a lot of fans already didn't like me after Mitchel posted that photo on his Instagram and now that this picture was circling social media, I really didn't have much hope.

"Kyra we're just friends" I state.

"Friends don't kiss" She replies.

"You're right" I say "And we didn't, he lightly pecked my head, you're looking way too much into this"

I dreaded to think about the things I must be getting called right now and I vowed to myself to stay clear of twitter for a few days or else I'd end up spending hours scrolling through the hate like last time.

"So nothings going on?" She asks.

"Nothings going on" I confirm.

She lets out a huff of annoyance and crosses her arm. I look at her unimpressed, sometimes she was so dramatic.

"You're boring" She mutters.

"I'm having a baby cut me some slack" I defend.

"Fine" She replies "But only because I don't want my goddaughter to hear me shouting at you"