29- miss me?

Mitchel's POV

I was on my way to the grove, anxiety at an all time high as I played with the sleeves on my shirt and tried to calm down my nerves. I was going to meet someone who I didn't even know and talk about Maya over things I didn't know were even true.

She was still asleep when I left her which made it easier because I don't think I could have looked her in the eye and lied to her about where I was going. Christian asked but I waved him off just telling him I needed a walk which he looked puzzled at but shrugged and dismissed it all the same.

I wasn't really sure what to expect or who, rather. It could be anyone, maybe even someone I knew. I just wanted it over with more than anything, I wanted everything to go back to normal and to not have this weighing on me.

I stroll up to the place where the message said to meet at and I scan the area looking for anyone who seemed like they might be the owner of the vague messages. After a few minutes someone walks up behind me and taps me on the shoulder causing me to turn around.

I look at the guy in front of me, he was around the same height as me with curly blonde hair and a lip ring. He wore stylish clothes and looked nothing like who I had pictured messaging me not that I had much of an idea to begin with.

He extends his hand for me to shake and I'm puzzled but I hesitantly reach out my arm and shake it loosely looking at him puzzled.

"I'm Luke" He says smirking "Nice to finally meet you Mitchel Cave"

"Can't say it's mutual" I reply.

He lets out a light laugh and ushers me inside the coffee shop where we had arranged to meet. The atmosphere was quiet and strange as we order drinks and take a seat at a table near the window. I couldn't quite place it but he seemed familiar in some way and I was sure I'd seen his face before.

"Let's cut to the chase, what did you want to speak to me about?" I say sitting across from him.

"Where do I begin?" He sighs smirking relaxing back into the chair.

I was growing impatient with his stalling, I just wanted to hear what he had to say and leave. I didn't like being here, I didn't like doing this and I didn't like having to keep this a secret from Maya.

"Well for starters she's a liar and I know damn sure that baby isn't yours" He says.

"And how do you know that exactly?" I retort "Maya wouldn't lie about that"

"Trust me I know what she's like more than anyone" He replies, his voice sharper.

"How so?" I reply.

"Because she's my ex" He states.

That was when it clicked and that's how I recognised him. I'd seen pictures of him with her before, on her social media's when I one day scrolled through them all after I found out. She'd never mentioned they had dated though, she hadn't mentioned any previous boyfriends.

"Okay so what do you want?" I sigh.

"The baby isn't yours Mitchel's" He says looking at me seriously "It's mine's"

I take in his words and I do my best to process them. Was he telling the truth? Why would he lie?

"And why should I believe you?" I ask.

"Because she's only using you for the money" He says "When she told me she was pregnant I told her I didn't want any part of it and so I guess she must've went to you and told you it was yours"

"This doesn't make any sense" I say shaking my head.

My mind was whirling and I was struggling to keep up with my own thoughts and what was real and what wasn't.