22- jealousy

Maya's POV

We were currently sitting at a giant booth in a nice Mexican restaurant. It was really warm outside and so I was wearing a small tank top but I still kept a baggy jumper tied around my waist to conceal any signs of the bump.

"What are you getting?" Clinton asks me as his eyes study the menu.

"Probably a wrap" I shrug.

In all honesty my mind was so foggy I could barely focus on reading the words on the page. My eyes would look at the menu but no information was going in. All I could do was replay what happened over and over analysing it in my head to the point where I can't even remember what was real and what wasn't.

Mitchel and I almost kissed. The key word here being almost. If clinton hasn't interrupted who knows how far it would have gone. I wasn't even sure of my feelings towards him or I mean I did but i felt guilty even having any sort of longing for him as I'd literally just gotten out of a relationship and as badly as it ended, it was a relationship nonetheless so surely there was no way I could actually like Mitchel.

Yet here I was, thinking about him as he sat at the other end of the table. I would catch him looking over at me as if he was trying to read my thoughts but I was doing my best to avoid him before he had the chance to try and make it into a conversation. The last thing I needed was him trying to get us to talk about our feelings because I didn't even know what I felt, or maybe I didn't want to admit it. Either way I didn't need it so I decided just to distract myself and talk to Clinton instead.

"Do you think the cream spinach is vegan?" He asks.

"I'm gonna go with no" I reply laughing.

"Damn" He replies.

"Why are you vegan anyway?" I ask smiling.

I was really surprised when Mitchel told me about his veganism. I knew it was a pretty popular thing nowadays but I just didn't take him as the type. Then again Clinton was always the shy one and you wouldn't think that either.

"Why eat chicks when you can date em" He shrugs.

My mouth opens wide with amusement at his response. Sometimes he always caught me off guard with the things he would say, his bluntness always surprised me.

"Just to clarify I was referring to dating actual girls, not the bird I mean like obviously I wouldn't-"

"I know what you meant" I laugh.

He smiles back and then the waitress comes to order our food. She goes round everyone and after Clinton takes an annoyingly long time to decide, she finally takes our order and heads over to the kitchen.

There was casual conversation amongst the group and I decided to flick through my phone as a way to pass the time as they all discussed the show tonight. I fanned myself with a food menu in an attempt to cool down. I'd heard them say Vegas was warm before but I never realised just how true it was. It wasn't the nice kind of heat when you were sunbathing on vacation; it was the dry, stuffy heat that left you feeling uncomfortable.

"It's so warm right?" Clinton smiles sitting back blowing hair out his face.

"Unbearably so" I mutter.

"The hoodie around you probably isn't helping" He points.

"Well I don't really have an option" I say gesturing to the bump that was more noticeable now I was sitting.

His face changes in realisation and nods in understanding as I continue to fan myself desperately seeking some relief.

"How long are you gonna keep it a secret?" He asks.