Chapter 25

Valentina's POV

I am in the most prettiest dress ever - literally. It is a close fitted, red silk dress with intricate gold designs, I have never worn something so glamorous and so expensive, it really is so impressive. Luca got it for me for the charity ball and I am really glad to be wearing something so amazing.

I am hoping that the night goes well and without any unnecessary drama, I really don't need it, not on an important day like this. 

I want everything to go perfectly, I want to make people happy. 

When I die - I want people to remember me as someone who made a difference in this world not as a billionaire's infamous wife. 

 I look at Luca who gives me a smirk because it is obvious that I am checking him out; he looks great in a black suit... Really great. I roll my eyes at him and he chuckles. 

I get back to putting up some printed posters and fixing up some of other displays. I see Aidan who walks in with his date, I give him a smile and he smiles back at me and gives a wave.

I then look at Luca who is glaring at me, I furrow my eyebrows and walk over to him. "I don't like him like that." I whisper, "Stop getting so jealous honey." I tap his shoulder.

"I am not jealous." He remarks and I give him an unconvinced nod before getting back to fixing up the displays and setting the tables with business cards and pens that have the name of my organisation. I decided to call it 'united'.  I have to admit it was difficult to choosing a name, its not like choosing a babies name, it is much different so it took time in deciding what to call it but after some help from Luca I put it as 'united'. 

I see some people coming in to the hall, I give a few of them some smiles and handshakes, so does Luca. He is just so serious with business, it is sort of hot and intimidating.

Oh f*ck I sound like a love-struck teenager, it's stupid, I am already married to him so I need to calm the hell down.

I see Lizzy come in, I am about to give her a smile - to be nice - but she glares at me so I just cut my eyes at her and walk off. Mel comes in as well and I just ignore her, I don't want to have an argument with her, we aren't little kids and arguing with her about my husband would be very ridiculous.

There should be around five hundred people coming to this event, I feel pretty nervous but I am just going to try and slay it.

The tickets for the entry were twenty pounds for each person and it is included with a three course meal. There are also a few stalls at the back, in some tent and some cupcakes, jewellery and perfumes are being sold.

So far the evening is going really great, I think there is just a little over five hundred guests here and that makes me feel so joyful. Luca and Aidan definitely helped me on this so much and I am so grateful. They really put the word out through social media, other huge businessmen and women and posters as well. Without them I definitely would have not been able to pull this off.

My dad walks in, I invited him here because he really needs to just get out of the house and I miss him a lot as well  so I am really glad he has come. I go to him and give him a big hug, "Hello dad." I greet him, "Thank you so much for being here today." I add and he lightly pinches my cheeks and gives me a nod.

"Anything for you." He says and I smile at him. I tell him to go take a seat next to Luca's dad and then I go to Emma who is stealing cupcakes from the kitchen.

I shake my head and laugh, I go over to her and take away the cupcake from her hand, I take a bite from it, yummy its red velvet icing. She looks at me and I smile at her, "Ay, stop stealing the cupcakes." I warn her and she sulks. I sigh, "One more, that is it or I will go straight to your dad." I grin at her and she returns a grin back at me. 

I go back and see a lot of people seated already; I might as well start this thing before I get more nervous and then let Luca take over.

I see Luca sitting down, he gets up and walks over to me, "Good luck." He whispers, I give him a nod and a smile, I go to the front and get a microphone.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen." I say trying to get everyone's attention, "So today we are here and as you know..." I ramble on for around ten minutes.

There are a lot of people who are paying attention and who look genuinely interested in what I'm saying but there is equally a lot of people who are just chatting with their friends. To be honest not to put myself down or anything, I would as well. I think I'm going to make everyone fall asleep.

I talk a little bit more; I tell them about my idea and I also have some businessmen and businesswoman who give me so advice, there are a few who think it won't work but I just have to think about the positives not the negatives.

Luca comes up as well a few minutes later and he talks a bit, I have to admit he really is well spoken. He talks with passion, understanding and seriousness as well, it amazes me and fascinates me too.

We have a little break after an hour, let people buy some refreshments and other stuff.

Luca grins at me and I furrow my eyebrows, "What?" I ask him and he goes closer to me.

"You did fantastic." He states, I blush and smile. My heart is racing really fast.

Then I laugh, "It felt like I was making everyone fall asleep." I remark.

He shakes his head and chuckles, "You weren't, don't get so paranoid. You did well, I promise." He says to me before giving me a smile and walking off.

I sigh, I really needed him to say that to me. I get up and decide to go to the toilet to freshen up. On my way there I feel a strange feeling, it honestly feels like I am being watched, I gulp and then turn around, no one's there, I turn back the other way and then feel someone's hands on my arms, sharply gripping onto me.

I feel myself being backed up against a wall and then I see Mel, her eyes seem like they are burning into my soul. She's got a look of hatred and disgust on her face.

"What are you doing?" I whisper shout and she wickedly chuckles, I feel a cold feeling go down my spine. "Get off me, let me go." I say to her.

"You need to do something for me..." She says with an evil smirk on her face.

Oooh what is happening, what does Mel want?

Thanks for reading, love you.

Please vote, comment and share.

Song - Foxes - Let Go For Tonight.

- please read my other stories and follow me.