Chapter 54

Valentina's POV

I am sitting down, waiting to be called for my ultrasound... I am extremely nervous and my hands are sweating, my body is shaking and guess what, I feel hungry.

"Val, you need to calm down." Luca says to me, he sighs as he interlocks his hands with mines, "It's going to be fine - you are going to be fine."

"I hope." I reply as I give him a little smile, he kisses my forehead and then I rest my head on his shoulders.

I just hope everything is okay with the baby, I want everything to go well. I just really want some happiness, some time to relax and not feel so stressed all the time.

A sonographer walks into the waiting room, she looks at me and then says, "Mrs Marino?" I nod my head and get up, Luca gets up as well and he holds my hand as we follow the sonographer into one of the rooms.

"Just go onto the bed, I'll get the stuff ready." She says to me with a smile.

I go onto the bed, Luca looks at me and smiles, "I love you." He says happily.

"I love you too." I give him a kiss on the cheek. He sits down on a seat next to me, I feel so happy having him beside me.

The sonographer goes back next to me and says, "Okay, just pull up your top."  I do what she says and I look down at my stomach, there's like a tiny bump, it's barely evident - I am only twelve weeks pregnant.

"Okay this is going to be cold." The sonographer warns me, I look at her badge, her name is Amanda. She puts this cold jelly like thing on my stomach, she goes around with this device, "Here is your baby." She says with a smile as she points at the machine, I smile back at her and then I look at Luca who looks starstruck.

"That's just... Amazing, wow." He smiles and laughs, I smile at him, he is such an angel. "That's our baby." He laughs again and hugs me, I hug him back, resting my head on his warm shoulders.

The sonographer smiles at us and says, "An adorable couple." She then wipes the gel off my stomach. "Would you like a photo?" She asks me.

I nod my head, "Yes please, that would be fantastic."

"Okay, just wait here and I'll get it for you." She says to me and Luca before leaving the room.

I get off the bed, Luca looks at me and pulls me closer; he holds me tight and kisses me passionately, lovingly and wholeheartedly, at that moment it feels like nothing else matters, none of our problems, nothing from our bad pasts, just us... Just his lips on mine, his arms around me. I feel so safe in his arms, I wouldn't have it any other.

I look at him, I still blush when he kisses me and when he is so affectionate, it makes me realise that I have someone so amazing, so loving and caring in my life and I love it.

Love is such a powerful thing, it's a roller coaster of emotions, it's a journey of strength and trust.

"You're the love of my life Val." He whispers to me and smiles, he gives me a kiss on my nose and I smile back at him and laugh.

"And you Luca Marino are the love of my life."

Amanda opens the door and walks back into the room, she gives me an envelope and I smile at her, "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome dear."

"Thank you." Luca says with a smile, I put the envelope in my bag before holding Luca's hand.

We leave the building together, and yes, you guessed it... The freaking paparazzi are back! I look at Luca, my anxiety is kicking in, I suddenly feel like I have to be extra careful, I am holding my baby in my womb. Luca looks at me, all the cameras are flashing like crazy, reporters with microphones and recorders at my face.

We try passing it all, Luca protecting me and holding onto to my hands.

"Luca! What is happening with your new club?" One reporter screams... F*ck off dude.

"Luca, can you tell us how your wife's pregnancy?" Another reporter asks, what she just couldn't ask me herself?

I have a mouth.

Burgers would know...

We pass all the paparazzi and reporters safely, I get into the car and close it quickly, I lock it from the inside and Luca gets in the car and sits beside me on the drivers seat.

He takes a deep breath and looks at me, "You okay?" He asks me.

I nod my head, "Mhm." I frown, "I think I am getting used to it."

"Well I have been dealing with this bull crap for as long as I can remember." He chuckles, "It still gets me angry."

"Yeah, it is understandable though." I say to him as I lie my head down on the seat, "They are a little... Wild."

"Damn right they are." He agrees me and laughs. He sighs and then says, "You hungry?"

I was waiting for them two words...

I nod my head, now I am super happy, "Yeah I am starving."

"Okay we will get something to eat then." He smiles at me, "What do you want? Chinese? Italian? Choose whatever."

"Some Chinese sounds good right now." I tell him.

"Great we will go to that new Chinese place then." He says in finality as he starts up the car and drives through the city.

Apologies for the short chapters. Real bad writers block and I can't sleep these days...

UGH. Life is just a mess and I'm done.

Just had to update today cos you guys are so amazing, thanks for your patience with me!