Chapter 38

Valentina's POV

"Congratulations Mrs Marino." Doctor Henderson says with a smile, "You're pregnant."

My heart drops for a second - you know when you're just so scared and it feels like everything is going terribly. I don't know what to say, I just close my eyes for a second and then stutter, "Are y-you sure?"

"Yes I'm positive." She says to me - that was a great pun. "Well I'll let you and your husband talk." She says before leaving the room, I give her an awkward smile before looking at Luca.

"I-I don't know what to say." Luca mumbles as he looks at me, he furrows his eyebrows and frowns.

"Well neither do I." I sigh, "This can't be happening! It's just not the right time and it's just too soon."

Luca doesn't reply, he bites his lips and I look at him, he has to say something. I mean, this is what he wanted before, isn't it?

"You should be happy." I say looking at Luca, he looks at me with a confused expression and then I mutter, "You wanted a baby... Didn't you?"

"Not like this I didn't." He shakes his head, he groans and then holds my hand, "All I care about right now... Is you."

I then remember that he basically confessed his love for me before; does he really love me?

Should I ask him or would that just make things awkward?

Scrap that, I'm going to ask him anyways, I need to know, I have got to know because the truth is that I love him as well as well and the thought of losing him makes me sick and it scares me so much.

Luca is still looking at me admiration, I smile at him and then take a deep breath before asking him, "Luca? D-Do you love me?"

He looks at me and his cheeks go a light red, he smirks and then chuckles, "Yeah." He whispers to me and then he says louder, "I do love you, I love you so much."

I smile at him widely, "Well... I love you too." I say back, "I love you so so much."

He gently kisses my forehead and then the top of my hand, "I never want to lose you." He says in a whisper, "I'm going to look after you, I promise, I'm going to look after you and this baby." He touches my stomach and then kisses it as well.

Maybe things won't be so bad, maybe things will be okay. Yes, there ought to be sleepless nights, headaches, stomach aches and other issues but maybe I could try to make this work. I could possibly love this baby with all my heart, and watch him or her grow up.

"I know it is a difficult time right now." He says to me gently, "But maybe we can make this work for us." I smile at him and nod my head.

There's a slight knock on the door and then it opens, I look and I see my dad, he runs over to me and hugs me, "I thought I lost you sweet heart." He whispers and he cries.

"I'm fine dad." I reassure him as tears also start pouring out of my eyes, I hug him back and then smile tearfully.

"Can I talk to you?" Luca asks my dad as he gets up, my dad gives him a nod and then they both leave the room. I want to know what they are talking about and obviously the curiosity gets the better of me. I slowly get out my bed, I instantly feel pain piercing my head, "F*ck off headache." I mutter before going next to the door and listening to Luca's and my dad's conversation.

Oh my god, you know what? I should be a spy, I would be such an amazing one, I have two days of experience - it's all I need.

I overhear everything and it goes like this, Luca says to my dad, "I wanted to apologise for everything that has happened you know, I'm really sorry, about the whole gambling thing to everything that has happened now."

"All is forgotten." My dad says to Luca, "Valentina is happy and that's all I want, she's happy with you and that makes me happy. There is no problem here at all."

I hear them talking for a little bit more before I hear them walking towards the door, I try to sneak back into bed but the door opens, I look back and grin, "So you two friends now?" I ask them both.

Luca walks towards me and helps me get into bed without hurting myself, "Val! Are you serious? You shouldn't be out of bed." He says to me, I go under the covers before peeking back out and laughing.

"I'm fine." I say in defense.

"Yeah but you won't be if you carry on like that." My dad says as he shakes his head, "Honestly dear, you are the most disobedient child ever."

"Uh, no I'm not." I scoff, "I am... Awesome and kind to you and I always-" I try blabbering on but my dad stops me.

"Okay, be quiet child." My dad mocks me, Luca sits down on a chair and laughs, I look at him and glare.

"What did I do now?" He asks and he laughs.

I ignore him and roll my eyes before also laughing, "I hate you both." I say.

"The feeling is mutual." Luca whispers in my ear and then he says,  "Only joking, don't bite my head off, you know I love you."

"I'm going to have to go." My dad smiles at me, "I will see you both soon." He says and he walks over to me, he gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek before saying goodbye again and then leaving.

I lie my head down on the soft white pillow, I'm thinking about life and how drastically it has changed. I never in my life thought I will find true love, but I have and that has made me so happy.

A grin forms on my face, Luca looks at me and smirks, "Thinking about me, are you?" He asks me, I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Nope." I lie.

"I'm so not convinced." He remarks.

Well lately all that has been on my mind is Luca, I love him so much. The first time that we met each other I honestly hated him, I wanted to slap his handsome face, but now all I want to do is kiss that handsome face... That was cringe.

But yeah, I do love him ever so much and things will always be better with him because I know that he is going to try his best to be there for me.

Slow updates, I'm sorry.

Please vote, comment and share.

Love you all.