Chapter 44

Valentina's POV

I open the front door of the café, I feel anxious, a bit stressed out and I don't know - I am freaking out and it doesn't feel good. This all just feels so overwhelming for me. I take a deep breath, I breath in the beautiful, warm smell of coffee and caramel cupcakes, yummy.

I look around, there are no customers at all. A second later my eye catches Hailey, she looks at me and smiles, she walks over to me and gives me a hug. "I missed you so much!" She says to me with a wide smile on her, her eyes go a bit teary and she starts crying... She has always been very emotional.

"It's okay." I comfort her, I hug her back, "I'm back now."

She looks at me and then wipes her tears with the back of her hands, "Oh fiddle sticks, you know me... Can't stop the tears."

"I've missed you Hailey." I tell her honestly and I give her a smile. I give her a hug again and then ask her, "Where's Ariana?"

"Here I am!" Ariana shouts as she runs out of the café kitchen, she gives me a hug as well and a kiss on the cheek, "I missed you so much you piece of poop."

"Piece of poop?" I raise up my right eyebrow and start laughing, I hug her back and whisper, "I missed you too, so much."

"Well come on then, we will have a lovely cappuccino and we will catch up." Hailey suggests, Ariana and I sit down at at table, then Hailey joins us a few minutes later and she gets us all a cappuccino.

There is nothing a cappuccino can't fix.

"So how have you both been?" I ask them with curiosity, I blow cool air on my coffee as I listen to them.

"Well I've been great." Hailey says as she nods her head, "Still working here everyday, the day just goes by really..."

"Oh come on." I roll my eyes, "There's got to be more stuff."

"No life's been the same." She says and she frowns, "Boring... Not like little miss Ariana's here though." She whispers.

I look at Ariana, waiting for her to give me answers, to spill the beans, to spill the tea, the coffee - yeah I think you get what I mean.

"Nothing really." Ariana mutters, she starts blushing, I know she is hiding something.

"Don't be like that." I mumble, "Come on, I need some info, what's been happening."

"Well... There is this one guy." She says happily, she smiles and then carries on, "He came here to order a coffee... Let's just say he left with that coffee and my phone number."

Smooth.

"Ooh, sounds interesting." I exasperate, "More information please?"

"It's not that much of a big deal." She shrugs her shoulders, "We just went on a few dates, that's all."

"A few dates." Hailey repeats in the same tone as Ariana's, she looks at me and shakes her head, "But she doesn't want to class it as an official thing."

"Why not?" I ask Ariana, she frowns and then taps her nails on the table, she sighs and it makes me wonder even more, what is bothering her?

"I don't know." Ariana takes a deep breath, "I'm scared, I haven't been in something serious like this in my life. I'm twenty two, I haven't even had my first kiss because I'm too scared... Every time I think about stuff like that it gives me a headache."

"Why?" I ask sadly, "Why does it make you feel this way?"

"I'm new to it all." She mutters and she bites her lips, "What if I get it wrong or I just don't know what to do?"