Chapter 32

Valentina's POV

Luca is at a meeting right now and I am obviously very curious; it's a Saturday morning - it's bloody nine o'clock right now and he is awake, at a meeting.

He was on the phone before and he was shouting so loud, I am guessing it is something to do with the missing money... I'm scared. I need to go over to his work place and just act like I am visiting or something, I don't know what I am going to do but I need to get in there somehow.

I get dressed into something casual, light blue skinny jeans, a black hoodie and I paired it with block heeled black ankle boots. I quickly did my hair by straightening it and leaving it out. I just put my phone in my jean pocket and went out, I seriously can't waste anymore time.

I see the driver and walk over to him, "Hello." I say.

"Yes, Mrs Marino." He says to me, "Where can I take you?" He asks me as he opens the car door, I get in and sit down.

"To Marino Enterprises please." I inform him, the driver gives me a nod before getting into the car as well and starting up the car.

The car ride is long, silent and sort of just awkward. I just look out of the window and watch people walking around, sounds freaky - I know, but I seriously do not know what to do. I am feeling really anxious, my palms are sweating and my breathing is fast right now.

The car stops, I look at my phone to check the time, it is already nine thirty. The driver opens the car door for me, "Thank you." I say in a whisper before walking off.

I look at the tall building in front of me... Yeah it really is very tall. I take a deep breath before the automatic doors open, I walk in and see someone at the desk.

I go over to her and she looks up at me, "Oh hello Mrs Marino." She greets me with a smile.

"Hello." I greet her back, "Luca is at a meeting, am I right?" I ask her like I don't know already.

"Yes, Mr Marino is at a meeting right now." She tells me, "He should be out in probably another half an hour but if it is urgent I can call him."

"No no, its fine." I assure her, "Where is his meeting held at?" I question.

"The thirty seventh floor in room six." She informs me - well that's high.

I nod my head and then just say, " I'll wait outside or something for him." I walk into the elevator and press the button with '37th floor'. It takes a while and I'm already getting impatient, I wonder how many floors does this building have?

The elevator stops, the doors open and I get out. I see a sofa, there are also chairs around, no one's here which is good. I look for door number six and find it almost instantly, I go next to the door and try to get a listen to what they are saying.

"Well money is f*cking disappearing." He shouts angrily, he is raging, he really is. "Someone's stealing money from me and I'm going to find out who the f*ck it is. I'm going to change the bank details later but I want you to find out who is taking the money." He says to one of the guys.

My eyes go wide, no, this can't be happening. He's going to find out it's me and that will basically be my life over. Oh Lord help me please, this cannot happen.

I sit down on a chair and time passes by slowly, I use my phone and decide to play a game called 'Temple Run'. I hear the door opening and I see an angry Luca walking out of the meeting room. I get up and he looks at me, I can see that he is confused.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me.

"Uh I was bored at the house." I lie as I fiddle with my fingers, "I just decided to come here and check the place out."

"Well how do you like it?" He questions me as he sits down on a chair and takes a sip of water.

"It's nice." I comment, "It's a really tall building with a lot of nice things." I give him an awkward nod and smile, he chuckles and gives me a little smile.

"So what's wrong then?" I ask him hoping he would give me more information, I sit down next to him and he looks at me.

"What do you mean?" He asks me as he furrows his eyebrows. He still doesn't trust me - not that he should but - ugh, I don't know.

"Well I could hear you shouting." I say to him, "Aaand you look stressed." I add.

"Yeah." He mumbles, "Someone's taking money from me - a lot of money, it's slowly just all building up and I don't know who the heck it is." He informs me.

I try to look shocked and then I say, "Seriously? That's terrible."

"Yeah and it's really pissing me off." He says angrily, "When I found out who it is... Bad things will happen, no one disrespects me like that."

I don't say anything at all, I just stay silent and already I can feel so much guilt just eating me up. There's like something stuck in my throat, I frown and take a deep breath.

'Just chill out, he doesn't know it's you' I tell myself repeatedly in my head... But then I realise he is going to find out soon and that makes me so scared.

Maybe I should just make a run for it while I can...

No dumb idea, stay put, act normal and just f*ck him - joking again - about the last part. I don't know, I wouldn't mind.

"What are you so deep in thought about?" Luca questions me.

"Oh nothing, just things."

"That makes no sense at all babe." He chuckles and then sighs, "Nothing? Just things?" He mocks me.

"Whatever, you know what I mean." I roll my eyes.

"Come on." He gets up and gently holds my hand, "Let's go home and I'll cook something." He whispers to me.

"Okay." I nod my head, I get up and we walk to the elevator holding hands.

I am so afraid but maybe our last moments together can be and will be okay.

Well Valentina is in a bit of a mess, isn't she..?

Love you all, thanks for all the support.

Please vote, comment and share.