Chapter 34

Luca's POV

I stare at the screen, the evidence that is before me; this can't be true. No way that can be true, she wouldn't do that to me, Val would never do that...

But how can I deny the facts that are in front of me? I can't, it's true, it is all there. All this time it was Valentina who was stealing money from me, and it's all there, she has been transferring money to her fathers account.

I don't want to believe this at all, there has to be something else. She has helped me through so much and I find it difficult to come to terms with this.

I never even thought that Val would be the one taking money from me, ever, she lied straight to my face and she has made me feel like an absolute fool.

I have also helped her through do much, I've been so nice to her, we have had talks about almost everything with each other and then there is something I really do not want to admit but I have fallen in love with her.

However, I am not an idiot, she has defied me and she has made me look like a fool. I can't believe I fell for everything, all that stupid love and affection she was showing me, everything, it was all just a plan to make me fall for her - and it worked, how ridiculous is that?

I slam my laptop shut, and I get up from my seat, I am raging now. I am going to confront her straightaway, I don't know what she's going to say back at all, but I won't fall for her lies anymore.

I get out of my office and I go downstairs, as I am walking outside Aidan waves at me and stops me. "I need to talk to yo-." He says but before he can finish his sentence I cut him off.

"I don't want to talk about it right now." I groan and I walk past him, I am furious, I walk over to my car, open the door and get in, I slam the door and then mumble, "My poor car." I furrow my eyebrows and shake my head. Forget the car for a second.

I start up the car and I drive home in silence, the only thing I can almost hear are my thoughts that are racing in my head. Why would she do this to me? I gave her everything and she back stabbed me like that, it's unforgivable and unexplainable.

I park up the car, sit on the seat for a while sort of thinking about what I am going to say, I sigh and get up, I open the door and get out. I close the door and lock my car doors, I go to the front door of my house and I open the door slowly.

I get in and close the door, she isn't in the living room so she's probably in her room, I go upstairs, my mind is all over the place and I feel like I have been betrayed, it makes me so upset because I have fallen in love with her. That was such a stupid mistake, I don't know what I'm going to do with it all - I can't just switch off a button that will make me not love her anymore.

I open her room door, and see her sleeping peacefully - like she has no care in the world - that is were she is wrong. This is a big issue and she is going to have a lot to worry about now, her whole life is basically going to be destroyed; she has bought it all upon of herself, I can't do anything for her anymore knowing that she used me like that.

I see her moving and then she slowly opens her eyes, she gets up and then she says, "Oh hi Lu-." She tries to say to me.

The lying b*tch is still acting like everything is okay, how could she be this evil? I never expected this from her, she was always so lovely, I am still gobsmacked.

"Meet me downstairs in five minutes." I scoff as I roll my eyes, "We need to discuss something." I say to her before walking off and going downstairs. I sit down on the sofa and I wait for her, there is no way that she will be getting away with this.

I wait for her, and I am getting impatient, just as I am about to get up to call her I see her walking down the stairs. She looks scared and nervous - well she really should be, she doesn't know what is going to happen next but things are going to get real bad.

She sits down on the sofa opposite me, she looks at me and takes a deep breath, "You wanted to talk?" She starts off.

"Yeah." I sigh, "I want to talk to you." I look at her, she is shaking, she's very scared and you know what, I don't care. I don't care one bit because she should fear me right now.

"Well I'm here s-." She tries finishing off her sentence but I cut her off again.

"Stop talking." I clench my teeth and close my eyes, I'm trying not to get extremely angry, I am trying not to get up and smash a wall or something. "You are such a f*cking lying b*tch." I sneer, she looks at me and there are already tears pouring down from her eyes.

"Luca." She whispers, "You've got to understand." She shakes her head.

"Understand what?!" I shout angrily as I get a glass from the table and smash it on the wall behind her, she flinches and cries more.

"J-Just calm down." She says to me, I chuckle, her words of love and affection are not going help me anymore because now, she has just unleashed the inner monster in me.

"Don't." I shake my head, "What am I supposed to understand..? How you stole money from me for weeks and you sent it your father?" She tries speaking again but I carry on, "You know what, it even isn't about the money, it's about how you lied straight to my face."

"I-I don't understand." She furrows her eyebrows, "The money I-." She stops and massages her forehead, "No that's... I didn't send that money to my dad." She lies to me - wow, she has done it again.

She looks at her phone, I don't know what she's doing but she's reading something, she then gets up from the sofa, "I've got to go." She mumbles.

"What?" I rhetorically ask, "You're not going anywhere, I am going to destroy your whole life... Do you understand that?"

"Look Luca, you don't understand." She sighs, I can see that she is frustrated and that she is trying to tell me something but I just don't know, I don't understand.

"You keep saying that." I furrow my eyebrows, "What don't I understand, the facts are all there."

"I can't say anything. I can't tell you anything." She mutters, she looks really upset and I don't know what is happening, I'm more confused than I was before.