Chapter Fifteen

"Now what?" Destiny said and sigh, staring outside the window. Rain starts to pour outside and it's getting dark but it's only two o'clock in the afternoon. "I don't know. Or.. I guess..." the thought about Sebastian triggered my brain. Should I ask about him? Well, there's nothing bad about it. Or maybe? "..A-About Sebastian.." I stutter and she slowly glanced at me, "What about him?" she asked, willing to hear more about it.

"I.. I just want to ask if both of you are close, you know, as sibling at some way..."

"Oh we're definitely close since I'm the only girl in the family. He may not be our brother by blood, but he's our brother by heart. Though, he really changed when his Mother died three years ago."

"W-What happened?.."

"His known Mother was killed by assassins. It was also the day of his birthday, May 24th. Since then, his life began to get darker. Until our family starts to receive news that Sebastian is a leader of different gang groups, he even sell drugs back then, or go all night with strippers. He is the worst!"

He is the worst!

From an angel to a monster. But, he's not like that before, is he?

"So, do you think h-he can still change?"

"Yeah. I guess, but I don't know if he still have time"

"Time? What do you mean?"

"Miss Lawrence, Mrs. Benedict wants to talk to you" and then out of nowhere, Beatrice knocked. I sigh and said goodbye to Destiny.

Those informations is not enough. Why am I so curious about that guy? It's not that I like him... or maybe..?

-

"I will pay everything, every expenses." Mrs. Benedict said in front of the phone. I sat there, fiddling my fingers. "I'll call you back, bye." she said then hang up. She glanced at me, and her eyes looks worried, with anger and irritation. "Your cousin called us earlier, she wants you to get home. It's... It's about family concerns and he didn't tell me why, but I'm letting you anyways." I jolted from my chair. Why did he called? Does something bad happened? Nevertheless, I don't want to come. It may be a trap or something, I don't want to be beaten up again, and again.

"C-Can I refuse?" I said and she glanced at me, confused from what I've said.

"What do you mean?"

"I.. I just really don't want to go home, Ma'am."

"Why? Is there a problem, Ms. Lawrence?"

How can I get away from all of this?

"I'm not feeling well, Ma'am. I don't know if I.. If I can go home" I excused and I hope she'll fall for that lame reason. "Beatrice will come with you."

-

I didn't expect things will go like this. What if Beatrice finds out how horrible my life really is? What if?? "So, you're really not feeling well? You just lied, am I right?" she asked and I just sigh. We're getting near, the rain drops are getting louder, and faster, like my racing heart. "I am not feeling well. I'm a bit dizzy and I think I'm going to barf anytime" I said and she chuckled. I told the driver to stop 'cause we're here. Beatrice took her umbrella and waited for me to come out. My body starts to shake because of fear, I can't stand properly, as if I'm starting to get limb. Heart's racing so damn fast. "Come on, Jane. We might be late for curfew." Beatrice said and I tried to shake off everything.

We started to walk on the pavement that directs to my old house. We stopped as we got on the mini terrace, where the main door is. "I'll knock for you." Beatrice said, impatiently and knocked three times. I counted approximately five seconds but, no one. She knocked again, this time hard and loud, just like how she knocks on the door back at the dorm. This time it opened.

"Mary Jane?"