Chapter Twenty

We suddenly stopped at a scary warehouse. Wait. Am I... Am I going to get killed? "W-What are we d-doing here?" I stutter and about to go out from his car but he glared at me. I'm scared. What's going on?! "Hey. Relax. I'm just going to talk to Jeric." he said and got out of the vehicle. I was surprised. He's a bit calm now, and it made me more interested to him. He's acting really really weird right now.

A guy walk towards him, it's actually Jeric, the guy I met in the woods. Sebastian hand out a brown envelope and Jeric just gave him a look, but still took it. Sebastian got back in the car and nod his head shortly to Jeric then drove off. "Can I just at least know where are we heading? Or the reason why you're doing this??" I said, calmly. I need answers. "We're heading at Diane's and I don't want to go there alone, and since you two have been close so I brought you. I don't want that Mrs. Benedict following us around now that I just got out of jail." he said and let out a frustrating sigh. I want to ask one more, but he might end me right here so I just shut my mouth through the whole trip.

-

I got out of the car and as I observe the surroundings. I froze. I don't want to go in there with those strange looking, suit, armed men. What are they?

"Come on, they're nice guys." he said and quickly walk towards the big wooden doors. My body began to shake as I walk slowly. Those strange eyes following my move, making it more awkward in every step I make. "Look who's here! The most infamous bastard in the world!" a man said as I got inside the mansion. "Yeah, right. I just killed your harlot daughter." Sebastian said and the Man suddenly starts to turn red and about to pull a gun on his pocket when he saw me between the two wooden doors, I froze, but my knees can't stop shaking because of these people around me, "Excuse me. Who are you?" the man said to me and I just stare at him for seconds. I-Is he really talking to me?

"I.. I-I'm.. I'm J-Jane... D-Diane's..-"

"I brought her to visit Diane. I'm not the one who wants to see your harlot daughter." Sebastian said and the Man glared at him, "I know Marquez is the most powerful clan in the whole town, and very infamous in the neighboring towns, but you better watch your mouth, boy. You don't know who you're picking a fight with."

"Come on, Jane. Tell your goodbyes to Diane 'cause we're leaving immediately." Sebastian said and walk out of the place, left me with these people. Now what???

I don't know what to do! I want to say goodbye to Diane properly, and not saying goodbye to her gold coffin! "What's your name again?" he said and looked at me. He seems gentle despite the fact that he has a lot of gold chain necklaces hanging on his neck and large colorful gems on his fingers. I suddenly feel comfortable. A little. "I'm Mary Jane L-Lawrence, Sir.." I said and I just stood there. "Lawrence... Never heard a name like that before. So tell me, how did you met my daughter?" he asked and memories starts to flash in my head. Should I tell him that I met her in a very very unexpected situation? "S-She's.. ah.. My roommate and also a friend.." I said and he nod, "Why are you with that Sebastian instead of campus guards? What are you? friends?" he said and I froze from the word f r i e n d s. I don't even know what we really are, and why am I hanging out with that guy at the first place. Everything is so confusing!

"Uh.. N-No.. I-It's very complicated, but I guess we're... just... schoolmates with benefits...?"

"Okay. Enough of that fucking chit-chat." Sebastian suddenly grabbed my wrist and he looked at the Man, who I still don't know the name, "We'll come again at her interment." he said and drag me all the way to his car.

He suddenly pushed me so hard that made a strong impact between me and his car. I fell down and starts to shake as his gentle eyes began to look like a wild beast glaring at his prey.

"Get. In. The. Car." he said whilst trying to hold himself from anger. I suddenly feel, unsafe around now again. I was shaking horribly as I got inside his car. My chest tightens and I can't breath normally. As if I'm suffocating, dying slowly. I glanced at the driver's seat and there, I see a beast trying to calm himself, as if the guy I saw earlier was not him, it's someones else.

"I.. I'm sorry."