Chapter Thirty-One

Destiny and I got down from our dorm room carrying our luggages. "So, where are you going now?" she asked and I looked at her, "I don't know... Maybe go back to my old town." I said and look away. It feels so heavy inside my chest everytime I remember why I came here, it is to escape from home and now, I'm coming back there. But this time, certainly safe and sound.

I observe everyone inside the gym and they're all sad, and quiet. It was peaceful, but I know for them it's painful. Maybe we really do need to take some rest. This campus, these people go through a lot of ups and downs for the past months. I sigh and look down at my sneakers.

"Good evening, Students. Staffs will escort you on your way home and we already inform your parents and guardians about it and they are open about it. We apologize for this inconvenience. Farewell, my lovely students."

The peaceful crowd began to get wild and noisy again as Mrs. Benedict gave her last message. It made me more mad and thought how she neglected us.

"Jane, Drake and I are going now. We hope to see you some time. Just call us when you need friends, okay? We will miss you." Destiny said and hugged me, I glanced at Drake and smiled as he also gave me a tight hug. Both of them wave goodbye and went inside the van. I sigh and glanced at everyone. The people inside the gym are getting fewer and fewer.

"Hi, can I drive you home?"

I glanced at that person and it was Peter. I chuckled as I remember it was just his first day today. "Y-Yeah, sure." I said and he suddenly carry my luggages. "I hope we can get along." he said and I looked at him as we continue walking towards the parking lot, "We can be friends, you know." I said, reassuring him that I am a very friendly person, sometimes. "I know. I want to know you more, Jane." he said then stopped in front of a white car. He put my bags at the passanger-seat and opened the door at the shotgun seat for me and I got in gently and a bit comfortable as Peter too got inside.

"I can't afford any expensive cars. What I got is this and it's still usable–"

"I don't mind about it, Peter. Let's just go home." I chuckled and he then started the engine.

-

The travel was quiet. None of us dares to speak, maybe it's because we're tired. I glanced at Peter and he's really concentrating on the road, he doesn't steal glances from me, but I am.

"Why do you like Sebastian?"

I froze.

"Excuse me?"

"It can be someone else, but why him? He'll just put your life to danger just like he put our school to danger. I hope you know that."

I was aware right from the very start that I am up to no good. But what am I doing for the past months? Following a criminal. I've been following a criminal who seem not aware that what he's doing is against the law.

Do I really like him?

"Don't try to deny it. I know you like him. I can see on the way you look at him. It's different. It's good."

"...and why you're telling this to me..?"

"Obviously, Sebastian is acting a little weird lately. We're hoping that kind of weird side is because of you. He likes you, and you like him–"

"W-woah, woah, woah. Stop assuming things that aren't real, Peter. The only fact you've said is that Sebastian is acting all weird. That's all. And I don't want the thought of liking someone because that's not the problem I want to solve. Don't bring him up, please. I had enough of him. I just want peace in mind."

"I'm sorry. It wouldn't happen again."

I am aware that I'm slowly liking him but I need to set aside my feelings. I need to. But the closer I get to him, the stronger I feel for him so taking a break from school might be also a great idea. I need to practice living alone, be independent and try to be happy as much as possible getting in-touched with my friends. But if Sebastian needs me, I know this stupid younglady will help him with all she can. And that stupid younglady is me.