Chapter Thirty-Six

I froze as I watched him walk slowly to my place. Time is moving slowly. "H-Hi. Are you still mad at me?" he said and gave me a pale look at my eyes. He's wearing bandages, and he look awful. It makes my heart break into pieces! How can his Dad do this to him?!

...It's like looking to a mirror. Back when I was also abused.

I didn't respond so I quickly hugged him with all my strength. Tears suddenly pour down to his shirt. I sniff and pulled away from the hug. I look at his awful face and gently place my hand to his firm face.

"S-Sebastian... I... I-I'm sorry..."

"Don't be sorry. Idiot. Come on, I don't want to ruin the fun-"

"But you s-should rest."

"I know. It's okay, Jane. I'm fine. Seeing you already makes me feel better."

"This is not the time for that, S-Sebastian."

"I'm just saying the truth"

Beatrice break in from the tension building up again.

"Come on already. Let's just talk about that later!"

-

I can't stop looking at him. He's way different today. He's treating everyone differently. It's like, it's not him. He said he's okay, but I know he's not fine. I want to help him. I need to help him.

I put down my bags and sit at the sofa. The place is huge, good for a group of people. This Villa is just beside the sea, which is great.

"I'm going to check upstairs and clean as well." Drake said and went upstairs with cleaning materials.

I sigh as I rest my head behind me. "I'll go cook." Peter said, and went to the kitchen. Since Destiny and Beatrice went to the beach, they left me with Sebastian. sheesh. I closed my eyes and think what I've just done today.

"Hey."

I slowly opened my eyes and I saw Sebastian looking at me. He then sat beside me, not breaking our eye contact but it lasts ten seconds and I quickly looked away as I realize he's getting closer to me.

"I.. I want to talk to you about.. uh.. about what happened to the two of-"

"Why are you being soft lately?"

That caught him off guard. I quickly cut him off because I know he'll talk about his confession. I love him, yes, but I can't show it right now. Not now that Stephen seems to despise him. I want him to learn from all of his mistakes. I want to fix him, not totally, but just right. I love him, and I want him to change for the better.

"I-I don't want you to get mad at me.."

"I'm not anymore. I-I... uh.. Are you okay?"

He chuckled and rest his head, "I'm fine, Jane. It's not like the first time. Don't worry." he said and glanced at me. "I-It's just that... I-I hate to see you like that." I stutter and look directly at him. He slowly slide beside me and embrace me. I was surprised but I hugged him back. "I love you."

"I-I.... I love you too, Sebastian."

He quickly pulled away from the hug with his wide eyes as he look at me, "Y-You love me?" he stutter and point himself. I chuckled and nod. He smiled widely and gave me another hug, "This is the best day ever!"