Chapter Thirty-Two

Next Morning...

"Can't sleep?" I glanced at the door and saw Stephen with a bowl which I believe full of hot porridge. I sat up and nod. He went towards my bed sat beside me. "Good thing you're home, Jane. Now I am sure that you're fine." he said and pat my head. I smiled and hugged him, "My life is a mess, Stephen. I don't know what to do." I mumble on his shirt and back away from the hug. He looked at me and chuckled, "Do you want to visit Mum? Or go somewhere else?" he said and I look at him.

-

"At the beach?"

"Yup."

I took off my sandals and walk towards the shore as my feet shoving under the hot sand. It's time for lunch but I decided to visit the beach not that far away from home. It's still peaceful and calming despite of the mass of people today. I sigh and dip my feet onto the saltwater and closed my eyes, taking a little deep breath and let go some things. I opened my eyes and a guy is staring at me, confused. I blushed because of shame but still carry on playing by the water.

"Seems like Summer Vacation came too early, huh?" I looked back and saw Sebastian wearing such beachy clothes.

I gave him a pale smile and look away. What is he doing here? Visiting Eva?

"I don't understand why you're still mad, Jane." 

"Give me time to think and I'll forgive you."

"What about what I've said to you last night? Can you still remember?"

I think what he's talking about is his unexpected confession back at the dorm. Gee... What am I going to say?

"That's a different story, Sebastian–"

"Do you like me too?"

"Let me think about it."

He chuckled and I glanced at him, "Love isn't a decision to think hard about, Jane. If you can feel it already, then just say it. But I guess, you really need time."

"Quit it, Sebastian. That's not you." I said, snapped to reality. I quickly got out of the water and went towards the cottage where Stephen is at. "Is there something wrong? You look mad." I looked at Stephen and quickly calmed myself down. That asshole is ruining my peace and quiet time.

Just give me time and I'll be yours soon. Can he wait? I just can't rush things. Ugh. I hate it.

"Can we go home–"

"Can you slow down? You know I hate running." The asshole followed me! "Sebastian?!" Stephen said as he saw Sebastian inside the cottage we're all in. They knew each other? How come?

"What are you doing here? What are you doing with Mary Jane?" Stephen said and try to cover me.

"I'm not hurting her." Sebastian said calmly, but I can sense that he's starting to be impatient again.

"He's my friend, Sir." I glanced beside Sebastian and saw Eva. I suddenly felt a twinge of envy. "Eva, why you're here? You should be inside the car." Sebastian whispered but we can still hear it, "I know but I can't wait any longer for you." she whispered back and I became more envious. What are they talking about? "S-Stephen, let's just go." I said and grab my bags and walk passed by. I quickly got inside Stephen's car and sigh. I feel tired all the sudden. "What was that all about? Sebastian's your friend?" Stephen said as he got inside his car. I look at him straight through his eyes

"He's the one I like."