Chapter Fifty

I never imagined Stephen giving such life and also love advices.

I know I'll be in good hands.

But for now, to face our step dad. It's really weird to think we have the same step dad when we are only cousins.

"Ms. Lawrence." Officer Stones greeted as we got inside

I nod and gave him a quick smile then went to an office where my step dad is sitting, handcuffed with a face of regret. He noticed us and his face enlightened.

We sat at the opposite of him and face him.

"I already knew what happened, but that doesn't change how I despise a person like you. I hope you a good life in prison, sir." Stephen said. His bitter words made the old man nod and his eyes began to get teary which made my heart slowly break. "I-I hope you learn your lesson. Mom is happy for the change you've made. I-I'll pay a visit some time–"

"Let's go, I can't stand being in the same room with him." Stephen suddenly stood up and walk outside.

"I-I'm sorry, goodbye." I said and about to stand when he grab my hand, "I'm sorry. Take care, also Sebastian. Take good care of him. He needs you." he said and let go of my hand.

"Y-Yeah.." I said and went outside.

I'm taking the right path, right?

-

I sighed and glanced at Stephen. My eyes are now filled with tears as he parked the car in front of the Villa.

"Come on." Stephen chuckled and embraced me, "Just do what it is right to do." he said and pulled away, "I'm always right beside you." he added and wiped my tears using his thumb. I nod and went outside the car.

My knees are shaking as we stood in front of the door. Stephen knocked and it took five seconds when someone opened the door. It was Destiny. "Jane!" She said and hugged me and I hugged her back tightly, "Are you okay?" she asked and I just nod then we both pulled away from the hug. "Come in, come in." she insisted and let us come in their home.

"Juice?"

"No, it's okay, we're not staying longer." Stephen said and Destiny glanced at him

"O-oh, uhm.. They are upstairs, discussing some things because Sebastian is so down lately." she said and it made me worry about him.

"...B-But he's fine, don't worry." she added but it's too late to not worry about it. It must be really hard for him.

"Destiny, grand–– Jane!" Drake rushes towards me and gave me a tight hug. "We miss you! I miss you." he said and it made me smile. He pulled away and face me, "Good thing you're here! Sebastian will be so happy to see you!" he said, and it suddenly made me frown, "Where is he?" Stephen asked and Drake glanced at him, "He's upstairs with grandma and Dad"

"Who's there, Drake?" an old lady voice echo around the place

Stephen and I stood up as a wonderful old lady came down the stairs.

"Oh, it's Stephen with his..?"

"She's my cousin, Ma'am. And, and we're here to get her things. We're not staying any longer." he said

"Mary Jane?" my eyes widened as I saw Sebastian rushing towards me and crash me a tight hug. I felt tears on my shirt, and it also made my tears that I've been holding on for some time stream down my tired face.

"I-I miss you! I'm sorry, I'm sorry–" he said between his sobs

"It's okay, it's okay." I said and he pulled from the hug and glanced at my face then my arms, "H-He did this to you? That–"

"S-Sebastian, it's fine, it's fine. I'm fine. You should worry more about yourself, you know." I said and wiped my tears, "I don't care about myself, I should worry more of you. I will never let anyone take you away from me. Never again." he said and held my hands tighter as his shining orbs stare at my eyes, making me feel weak, and a bit guilty for my next move.. I need to do it, for me and for him as well.

"W-Well, we're not staying a little longer, Sebastian. I'm going to take my things upstairs." I said and excused myself to go at the second floor, leaving them downstairs including Stephen. I'll take this opportunity. "What?" Sebastian asked as he followed me inside the room I used to stay, "Y-You heard me right, Sebastian. I'm not staying longer."

"W-What? You're going to leave me? Come on, you can't be serious–"

"Sebastian. I'm serious."

a moment of silence.

I sighed and glanced back at the bags I am arranging.

"No. You're not going to leave me. No. Come on, you can't leave me. You love me." he held my arms and that made me look at him. His eyes are sad, and tears are about to fall again.

I gritted my teeth to hold my tears back and look away from him.

"I can. I need to."

"Why? Tell me a fucking reason why." he said and he let go of my hand and his fist are clenched. I know it would hurt him. I just... I have to do it. I need to.

"It's not okay anymore. You need to focus to yourself more. You need to change, and Stephen told me that your grandma is going to take you, am I right? You should go with her. Your life will be great." I said, still continuing to fold some of my clothes

"What the actual fuck, Mary Jane. You can't fool me! Stop this nonsense you are making! Look at me!" He said and gently placed his cold arms at my chin and slowly look at him.

He's crying.

I stare at him with a broken heart. I can't do this anymore. I swallow the lump on my throat and put his hand away from my face.

"Sebastian, we need to stop. We need to live our own l-lives. If we carry on, it's not good for the both of us. It's not good for you."

"Oh my– Jane, you're being pointless! That old woman want me to go with her to Italy but I refuse because I've been thinking about you! I've been thinking about the life I wanted with you! Did Stephen forced you to come with him? That motherfu–"

"No. He did not forced me, Sebastian. It's my own decision to go with him."

He suddenly hugged me as I carry my bags.

I want to stay but I need to do this. To make him focus more to himself. I know how stubborn this asshole is.

"D-Don't leave me, please.. I-I need you, Jane. I-I can't live without y-you, please... stay." he sobbed and his body is weaker and his hug became loose.

"S-Sebastian... I-I.. I'll see you when I see you. Be a good boy, okay? Continue your chemotherapy. Don't be stubborn." I said and pulled away from him.

I just broke his tired heart.

Tears suddenly fell as I went downstairs. Stephen held some of my bags and went outside. I glanced at everyone including Sebastian's Dad.

"I... I want you to take good care of m-my one and only Sebastian. I-I love him so much. Please, never tolerate his stubborn attitude. Please, look after him while I take the path I'm choosing. Never let him do bad things. And please, love him unconditionally. No matter what it takes, just love him, show him, make him feel love." I said, horribly tears pouring down my face

"You can count on us, my dear. Thank you." the old lady said and I nod.

I finally went outside and as I got in front of the car, I fell on my knees because of the extreme pain I have inside my heart. How can I do this to the person I love? How dare me.

"Jane!" Stephen said and went beside me, "I know it's hard, but you have to. For him."

I love him. They said that I have the things Sebastian needs in order for him to live, and to change. But, everyone around him also have the things he needs. I'll put my trust to everyone I left behind.

For now, I need to find myself.

This is for him after all.