Chapter Forty-Five

I don't know how should I react or what am I supposed to do about it. If Stephen finds out everything about us, about my friends, about everything, he will surely take me away from them, or even worse take me to other school far away from them. I don't understand why, how, what, I don't freaking know anymore.

Way back at the beach weeks ago, Stephen seems to recognize Sebastian, but he's not that angry, but I know he's mad. If he used to work for Sebastian's Dad, then he should also know Destiny or even Drake because they are the biological son and daughter of Mr. Marquez, but he did not recognized Destiny back at the city. What the heck.

"This is why I don't want to tell you because I know you'll overthink those kind of stuff."

I glanced at Sebastian and stare at him. It's making me confuse. "Why does he only knew you? Your Dad can kill anyone, right? W-Well, it's a good thing he didn't kill Stephen for that." I said.

We're inside his room in the Villa, we just got home hours ago and I've been thinking about what I've heard about.

"I guess I'm the only one who had been the closest to him. He's also my friend back then but... He's also a jerk so yeah that's why he only knew me... Since Stephen was once Dad's friend, he just let him live and do what he has to do but once he crossed the borders, only Dad knows what to do with him."

"Is he that bad?" I asked

"Stephen? Oh goodness, he's like the worse, much worse than me. Do you also know that he can hack anything? Or even detect someone, crack codes, he has like some nerdy things and that's why the Navou likes him to be with them because he's like the most powerful one, in some way."

Detect someone?

My phone suddenly rings and my heart stopped for a moment as I saw Stephen's name. Sebastian glanced at my phone and he froze, "Where did you get that phone?" he asked and I looked at him, "S-Stephen's..."

-

"What the hell is happening?!" Beatrice yelled as she came beside me. I just stood at the beach, it's already ten o'clock and our surroundings are pitch black, watching Sebastian throwing my phone everywhere as much as possible tear into pieces, as he said. I was shocked. I didn't know that my cousin was already spying me without me noticing it, knowing about it. What am I gonna do now? Stephen might come here anytime soon and take me away from them. I don't want that to happen, but I guess that is about to happen. It scares the shit out of me.

"Isn't that your phone? Why is he throwing your phone?!" Peter then came and try to stop Sebastian. Both of them are exchanging bad words, yelling on top of their lungs and I just really stood there. I don't know what to do. "Jane, what happened? Did both of you fight?" Beatrice asked and I glanced at her.

"Come on, let's get inside!" Sebastian yelled and grab my wrist, start to drag me inside the house. Everyone sat on the sofa as we got inside. They all look at us. I look at Sebastian and his skin is pale, he's catching his breath and he's really really mad. Destiny then gave him a glass of water and he drink it, still catching his breath. "What was that all about?! Do you want to kill yourself?!" Drake said.

"IF YOU FOUND OUT THAT YOUR GIRLFRIEND WAS SPYING BY SOMEONE YOU HATE SO MUCH, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?!" Sebastian yelled back. My body trembles because of fear. Why is this happening to me? To us?

"Damn it, Sebastian. You know that you can't go all out because of your condition! It's just a phone-" Sebastian cut Peter off

"No. For pete's sake, it's not just any other fucking normal phones you have."

"Then tell us what's wrong so that we can understand what you are saying. Jane, what happened?" Beatrice glanced at me and I just stare at her. What should I say?

"It's the Navou." Sebastian said and they all glanced at him, shocked. I still don't know about the Navou.

"...Jane's cousin is working for them, the guy who Jane's with back at the city. He's spying on her. He's spying who she is with, and where she is, using that damn phone, because when he finds out, he'll take away Jane, and it will be another fucking disaster." Sebastian said and grab my hand.

I sighed and look down on my shaking knees. Tears starts to pour down and I began to let out sobs, "B-But Navou and Marquez are fine now, right? They pledged that they will avoid conflicts between them."

"Avoid? Yes, it was, but I don't know what's going to happen now." Sebastian said and held my hand tighter. I felt someone caressing my back and it was Beatrice, "No one's going to take you away from us, if someone will, then we won't let them take you." she said and it made me more sad.What's going on in my life? Why does something much bigger get involve?? We're like only youngsters who love living, why does it have to involve something we can't fight?

"Come on, let's rest. We'll just talk about it tomorrow."

-

Of course, I can't sleep. Many things are running inside my mind and I don't know what to do, where to start. What if.. what if we just let it go. Don't let it bother us? Of course, another outcome will come, but what if...

just what if...

I don't care if what may happen to me, what matters is Sebastian's condition. He's ill and all I gave to him is problems, loads of problems, and I don't want him to take care all of them for me. I just don't want it. I know he's my boyfriend, and I guess their duty is to keep their girl safe and happy, but I don't want something bad happen to him just because he's protecting me.