Chapter Sixteen

I froze at my place. Unable to move, as if I was glued on the ground. "Y-You really came home." he said gently and gave me a smile, a pale one. "What happened?" I asked, trying to sound like someone else. "...Mom.. She's d-dead Jane."

Before I could open my mouth, tears began to pour down my pale, thin cheeks. Aunt's Dead?

"...Dad killed her..."

-

"Are you okay?" I glanced at Beatrice, she seems worried. "I'm fine.." I answered and sigh. It feels so heavy in my chest. I feel so strange. "So, what are your plans now?" she said and pat my shoulder, "Nothing change. I.. I don't know if I should be happy now that my known stepdad is in prison or be horribly sad that my aunt was killed by his retard husband."

After discussing earlier some things with Stephen and cases filed to that f*cking guy, I decided to go back at Redwoods. "So, who's that Stephen earlier?" Beatrice asked, "He's my cousin. My family is a bit messy, just a little bit." I said and she nod. "Can you tell something about it?" I let out sigh. Maybe just a little bit, 'cause maybe she mistaken about me, calling that retarded man a 'stepdad'.

"My Dad died when I was ten. Our café shop was robbed and that night, my Grandma was there too... My Mom can't take care the family business alone, so she called my aunt and let them stay in our home, which is cool 'cause I have my cousin, Stephen to be with me. One day, my Mom introduce me to that guy, she said she loves him and she wants to get married again, which is I don't like, but she still keeps on deciding things. After three months, my Mom got into a car accident.."

"...and that is when my aunt came in. The stepdad I know was already hooking up my aunt, and they even got married!"

"That.. is truly messy. So, is that the reason why you want to go in a boarding school?"

I still didn't tell her all about that f*cking guy, but I'm safe now. Finally. "Y-Yeah.." I said and glanced at the window. The rain is pouring so damn hard and it's already night time.

-

We got back at the Campus and informed Mrs. Benedict about it.

"Condolence, Ms. Lawrence. We will visit your home soon. You're in good hands now." she said and I somehow smiled. I know I'm safe.

I got back at my bed, Destiny is now sleeping.

Sebastian.

I froze. Where is he now? I hope he's doing fine.